California PE Lic. Numbers??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about if you followed the new application rules where you don't submit your application until you find out you passed? I found out I passed, submitted my completed application the following day (May 25) and am still awaiting.

The website says do not contact them within 60 days.
Then its likely your application is currently in the review process.  If its within 60 days, just be patient.  If you haven't heard anything by the time you get to 60 days, by all means, contact the Board by using this info: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml

Definitely keep checking every week! I think I got my license number after last April's cycle some time in the beginning of June.
Every week?  I've been checking for my New York number 4 or 5 times a day.  I tend to stop after 4:30pm since we are dealing with State workers (I should know because I work for a State agency myself).  Every now and then however, I check late at night (for example tonight, it's was nearly 10pm when I checked again), just in case some guy/gal was rushing out the side door 15 or 20 minutes early who forgot to kick-off a batch job (yep, you can say - some really old computers in some departments) and decides to remote in after dinner to avoid catching flack from his (or her) department head. 

I just hope I get it before the end of June, since that is the cut-off for getting on the stipend list.  Since I work for a State utility they give us a nice little 'extree' check in September for having our PE license.  That could really help with Holiday shopping this year - without having to sell back one of my weeks vacation.

Thank you to CAPLS.  I e-mailed the Board and go this response:

They are running the licenses today check the website next week”

I do get the feeling that they are really understaffed and they are patiently answering e-mails from anxious soon to be licensed engineers.

[SIZE=14.666666984558105px]Hopefully this helps those that are waiting!  [/SIZE]

Thank you to CAPLS.  I e-mailed the Board and go this response:

They are running the licenses today check the website next week”

I do get the feeling that they are really understaffed and they are patiently answering e-mails from anxious soon to be licensed engineers.

[SIZE=14.66px]Hopefully this helps those that are waiting!  [/SIZE]

Not really understaffed...more having to answer all the calls and emails the minute exam results hit the streets.  If the calls and emails didn't happen or were MUCH LESS, then they could spend more of their time on the licensing.

I got my license number this morning as well when i checked it!! Finally after 3 weeks of waiting!! Congrats to all who got their numbers as well!
I am so jealous - n New York there is 'nothing' posted in the online lookup yet - for myself or others that were notified of passing three weeks ago.  I am really starting to wonder what is going on.

I am so jealous - n New York there is 'nothing' posted in the online lookup yet - for myself or others that were notified of passing three weeks ago.  I am really starting to wonder what is going on.
Perhaps contact the board to see what's going on? I'd give them another week or so. Licensing take awhile since they have to go thru a lot of steps. 

Anybody received their certificate yet?? Probably a bit soon for that but thought I'd ask.... I can't wait to frame it along with my pencil !

Anybody received their certificate yet?? Probably a bit soon for that but thought I'd ask.... I can't wait to frame it along with my pencil !
Not yet. The temporary email certificate said it will take 6-8 weeks from then for us to receive the wall certificate. I don't think it will take that long as they always tend to give you the worst case scenario dates. 

Not yet. The temporary email certificate said it will take 6-8 weeks from then for us to receive the wall certificate. I don't think it will take that long as they always tend to give you the worst case scenario dates. 
Thank you !... I'm curious.... have you stamped anything yet? I haven't and honestly don't know when I will....

Thank you !... I'm curious.... have you stamped anything yet? I haven't and honestly don't know when I will....
No I haven't stamped anything. I work at a power plant where we're not required to stamp anything for years.. and years... and years.... 

Perhaps contact the board to see what's going on? I'd give them another week or so. Licensing take awhile since they have to go thru a lot of steps. 
Thanks Ayan,

It looks like they are starting to assign the numbers beginning last Friday - but somewhat of a 'trickle.'  I found that I was able to write a script that sequentially searched through the Web tool used for New York's license verification, and it shows the most recently assigned numbers and the dates that they the licenses (being a computer security person, I'm surprised they made it so easy to automate the lookup - no Web security image or bot avoidance identification).  So far I've only seen 87 licenses issued since the May 24th pass/fail announcement date - With the bulk of the numbers assigned last Friday, Saturday, and yesterday (none today).  Based on the estimates I've heard, on how many individuals took the test on 4/13/2018, along with the average passing percentages, I believe they have another 1200 to 1500 licenses to go.  I hope they start picking up the pace soon.

One anomaly I noticed however,  is that the first license issued after the scores announcement (the next day 'in fact'), happened to have the same last name as our Governor.  Strange coincidence, huh.

I really do appreciate everyone here being so supportive.  If you are ever in New York and in need of a tour guide, just let me know a couple of days ahead of the trip.

David (the frustrated NY-Computer-Engineer)

I am working on putting together my PE application package to be submitted to CA board. CA has a two page engagement form. From the people who went through the exercise, can anyone share their experience how they wrote their qualifying experience? Looking forward to your help.

No i'm not. My answers are based on my knowledge and fellow engineers words here. 
OK but I do appreciate your helpful suggestions.

They seem to be picking things up now - today they licensed 29, with many of those issued after the normal working hours for a New York State agency.  I can only assume they are getting a lot a complaints and some agency executive authorized the use of overtime.

Back