California PE Lic. Numbers??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@AyanHein @MechanicalApril17... my license shows an expiration date of Sept 30, 2018....I'm curious as to what yours shows?
Same. I emailed the evaluator to seek clarification. See this paragraph from PE act:

6795. Certificate renewal time periods Certificates of registration as a professional engineer, and certificates of authority, shall be valid for a period of two years from the assigned date of renewal. Biennial renewals shall be staggered on a quarterly basis. To renew an unexpired certificate, the certificate holder shall, on or before the date of expiration indicated on the renewal receipt, apply for renewal on a form prescribed by the board, and pay the renewal fee prescribed by this chapter.

The date Sept 30th must have some sort of quarterly significance. 

Same. I emailed the evaluator to seek clarification. See this paragraph from PE act:

6795. Certificate renewal time periods Certificates of registration as a professional engineer, and certificates of authority, shall be valid for a period of two years from the assigned date of renewal. Biennial renewals shall be staggered on a quarterly basis. To renew an unexpired certificate, the certificate holder shall, on or before the date of expiration indicated on the renewal receipt, apply for renewal on a form prescribed by the board, and pay the renewal fee prescribed by this chapter.

I responded to this in another thread...California board does not charge additionally and separately for the initial term of licensure and you are set for renewal and the next quarterly date immediately following your initial license date.  Highly dependent upon when your initial license is issued. 

Thanks... so basically we fill out the renewal form, submit the necessary fee and that's it... I've been reading another thread here about having to take a reassessment ? I wonder if that even applies to us since we JUST got licensed....

Thanks... so basically we fill out the renewal form, submit the necessary fee and that's it... I've been reading another thread here about having to take a reassessment ? I wonder if that even applies to us since we JUST got licensed....
I got a response from the board. They said we paid the fee to have them review and approve us for the exam. They give 90days free license. So after Sept 30th we've to pay for the license.

I got a response from the board. They said we paid the fee to have them review and approve us for the exam. They give 90days free license. So after Sept 30th we've to pay for the license.
Ahh so this is our free license period.. then we need to pay for the actual license... I'm just glad we don't have to take yet another assessment haha... thanks for dropping some knowledge man !.. I appreciate it!  BTW... I ordered my embosser and stamp to-day !! Also changed my email signature and updated LinkedIn  as well...  :bananalama:

Ahh so this is our free license period.. then we need to pay for the actual license... I'm just glad we don't have to take yet another assessment haha... thanks for dropping some knowledge man !.. I appreciate it!  BTW... I ordered my embosser and stamp to-day !! Also changed my email signature and updated LinkedIn  as well...  :bananalama:
On your stamp order. What did you enter in the license no field? Prefix M? or no M (for mechanical).

I'm still waiting for my number.  If you are also anxiously waiting, here's some information for you.

June 4, 2018 last PE# is 88886. 

June 5, 2018 last PE# is 89036

I will stop posting this when I get my number.  :rolleyes:

On your stamp order. What did you enter in the license no field? Prefix M? or no M (for mechanical).
I just enered the license number. When you put your order in through Engineer Seals it asks for the license number and discipline separately, so there is no need to enter the "M" since it will be redundant. Reading section 411 of BPELSG Rules this is what the seal should look like:

Capture.gif

So where it says branch it'll show your discipline. Also, if you look at how BPELSG displays the info in the license look up section of their web site, "M" or "C" is just the license type, not the actual number which is strictly numerical, no alpha characters.

Anyway at least this is how I interpret the rules and I hope it helps.

I just enered the license number. When you put your order in through Engineer Seals it asks for the license number and discipline separately, so there is no need to enter the "M" since it will be redundant. Reading section 411 of BPELSG Rules this is what the seal should look like:

View attachment 11597

So where it says branch it'll show your discipline. Also, if you look at how BPELSG displays the info in the license look up section of their web site, "M" or "C" is just the license type, not the actual number which is strictly numerical, no alpha characters.

Anyway at least this is how I interpret the rules and I hope it helps.
Scratch everything I said... I got an email from BPELSG saying that the "M" DOES have to be there... whew.... glad I caught that in time to make the correction.

Scratch everything I said... I got an email from BPELSG saying that the "M" DOES have to be there... whew.... glad I caught that in time to make the correction.
Thanks for the info. I'd love to have name and branch straight as shown in the pic you attached (not curved). Stamp vendors have curved name and branch in the template. Does anyone know of somebody that makes stamps as shown in the pic above? Also I do not want the word "registered" on there.

Thanks for the info. I'd love to have name and branch straight as shown in the pic you attached (not curved). Stamp vendors have curved name and branch in the template. Does anyone know of somebody that makes stamps as shown in the pic above? Also I do not want the word "registered" on there.
I'm with you... I went with "Licensed"...

I'm still waiting for my number.  If you are also anxiously waiting, here's some information for you.

June 4, 2018 last PE# is 88886. 

June 5, 2018 last PE# is 89036

I will stop posting this when I get my number.  :rolleyes:
June 8, 2018  last PE# is still 89036

I'm still waiting for my number. 

I'm wondering if there are others  who qualified for the exam before the decoupling and waiting for their number from the BPELSG.

June 8, 2018  last PE# is still 89036

I'm still waiting for my number. 

I'm wondering if there are others  who qualified for the exam before the decoupling and waiting for their number from the BPELSG.
If you've passed all the exams and have not received notification of licensure by now, you should be checking with your evaluator at the Board to see what is causing the delay.

If you've passed all the exams and have not received notification of licensure by now, you should be checking with your evaluator at the Board to see what is causing the delay.
What about if you followed the new application rules where you don't submit your application until you find out you passed? I found out I passed, submitted my completed application the following day (May 25) and am still awaiting.

The website says do not contact them within 60 days.

Back