Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!!! The truth comes out! Usually I'll think about it for a little while about how a hard drive can be physically damaged while in a desktop that virtually never moves from it's resting place. But then I just shrug it off thinking I've seen other oddities before that are difficult to explain. You did a number on that one my friend, so says the diagnostic report from my HDD recovery vendor. :thumbs:

I "finished" Guacamelee on PC and Kid Icarus: Uprising on the 3DS. I put finished in quotes because these days you can finish the main quest, but there's still so much more to do. My brother in law got me Black Flag for the PS3 a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to start it yet with all the family we've had at our house.

The only thing I've played recently is Rocksmith 2014. Played guitar back in high school but every time I picked it back up after college I had forgotten all the songs I learned so I'd just put it back down. The game gives me something to play along with and I don't have to hassle with tabs.

Just don't have much time anymore to play many games.

Just don't have much time anymore to play many games.
Also don't have as much time as I'd like it's one of the few hobbies I have that really enjoy so make time for it. Plus I tend to play more of the online variety since I have a number of friends from college/HS who also play. Good chance to catch up and have some fun at the same time without the need to travel anywhere. :thumbs:

Not really a game, per se; but am currently playing a game of how'd the contractor install the unapproved and undocumented solution prior to submitting a design clarification for approval to said "proposed" solution.

I can ONLY laugh at the situation...

today I have been playing the online game of get approved in oracle so I can set up task numbers for a new projects and other games like how to forecast EAC Raw Labor..

So AC Unity is on preorder, and I will be picking it up from GameStop tomorrow night after work upon its release.

So, I figured I'd better go ahead and buy the PS4 ahead of time and have it ready to go. Well, of course I couldn't buy a PS4 without a game, so I picked up Last of Us.

1) Wow, the next-gen graphics are really, really good. Gameplay looks like the best cut-scenes from a PS3 game. Lighting is 10x better, all in all just so much smoother.

2) This game is f'ing hard. A true "survivor" zombie game, because the standard weapons don't do shit, and the melee attacks are only good if you're one-on-one and no other zombies are in the area. Supplies are very scarce, but that forces you to explore EVERYWHERE, and that creates conversations between the characters that wouldn't take place otherwise.

3) The game is pretty intense/creepy at times, and then has a bit of an Uncharted feel to it the rest of the time.

That said, its a pretty good game, though it will likely be shelved for a while when AC Unity takes over my home life...

Speaking of the Uncharted series, I'm really looking to that on this console sometime in 2015. UC3 looked incredible even on the PS3, I can't begin to imagine what it looks like on the PS4.

I'm playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. It's a rogue-like, very similar to the dungeons in the original Zelda on NES. There are a shload of items to collect, so replayability is through the roof. Each game takes an hour at most to complete. This is how I like my games. I hate the new AAA titles...it's like watching a movie where you get to control a character for a few minutes between scenes.

I decided that since the SNF game was so terrible that I would begin COD4 again, but on the hardest level. might as well challenge myself.

I like FPS games on the PC, but I SUCK at anything that requires aiming with a thumb joystick. Hardcore. Even with the sensitivity turned way down. Has always been a struggle, which is bizarre given that my hand-eye coordination has always been pretty good.

I'm re-playing Final Fantasy 13 again. I want to get a PS4, but because I keep buying car parts the budget won't allow it. I really want to play Destiny.

I'm re-playing Final Fantasy 13 again. I want to get a PS4, but because I keep buying car parts the budget won't allow it. I really want to play Destiny.

If you order online and pick up in store, WalMart has some pretty good PS4 package deals. Typically save $50 minimum on game and extra controller. I couldn't wait, so I splurged.

Playing Assassin's Creed II. Had to reacquaint myself with the controls since I forgot them while studying for the PE. Almost done with it and then I'll move on to III.

Consoles will always be playing "catch-up" when it comes to accelerated graphics. But that's the nature of that business. Good to hear they're still improving the eye-candy though.

For me, gameplay doesn't get any better than with keyboard and mouse. But then again I'm heavily into multiplayer FPS games. A few RTS types here and there.

Consoles will always be playing "catch-up" when it comes to accelerated graphics. But that's the nature of that business. Good to hear they're still improving the eye-candy though.

For me, gameplay doesn't get any better than with keyboard and mouse. But then again I'm heavily into multiplayer FPS games. A few RTS types here and there.
hey fox, someone told me recently that the newer sony smart tvs came equipped with hardware capable to play ps4 games w/o the console. All you need was to d/l the game from their site.

true/false

if true, this would be a serious advancement and essentially do away with the console.

Haven't heard that one yet but they might as well. Consoles continue to get smaller so why not just have the option for integrated. Just look at the NVidia Shield. Full on gaming tablet with pretty good graphics given its form-factor.

Haven't heard that one yet but they might as well. Consoles continue to get smaller so why not just have the option for integrated. Just look at the NVidia Shield. Full on gaming tablet with pretty good graphics given its form-factor.

The Shield just streams from your PC doesn't it? I haven't heard of a PS4 integrated into the TV, but I can see them using their gaikai service to stream games from their servers.

I've been trying to play Mother 3 on my PSP for a while now, but haven't had a chance to play it much recently. I've been playing Sniper Elite 3, which is pretty fun, but man are those missions long. I'm glad you can save anywhere though so even if you die, you can just continue where you left off.

Computer systems for games will always be the leading edge of technology, but I still prefer the feel of the controller in front of my 70" HDTV. I have actually made myself carsick playing with that setup (several months ago playing Skyrim).

Computer systems for games will always be the leading edge of technology, but I still prefer the feel of the controller in front of my 70" HDTV. I have actually made myself carsick playing with that setup (several months ago playing Skyrim).

Get an HTPC and a wireless 360 controller :)

That's what I use to play in the living room. KB/Mouse is not practical on the couch.

Latest posts

Back