What are you eating?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost 15 pounds earlier this year and have kept it off, although I have been slipping lately and expect a rise any time.

I'm off to Taco Bell for lunch, too. Not exactly trying real hard here....

I have been really busy at work, too. So, I don't think about eating as much, if that makes sense. I'm adjusting my thinking about eating. Eating serves a purpose. The function is to provide nutrition. The bonus is if the food tastes good.

...I'm off to Taco Bell for lunch, too. Not exactly trying real hard here....
That may qualify as the Fudgey diet plan!

BBQ chicken, corn, honeydew melon and tomatoes at the in-laws for dinner tonight.

lasagna is always better the next day. I always prepare it one day and put in fridge to cook the next...it lets all the ingrediants blend together.
What my wife does is make several lasagnas at once and freeze them so that when we are ready to have one, we just get it out of the freezer and bake it. It's much easier to make several at a time since the process is so involved.

I'm adjusting my thinking about eating. Eating serves a purpose. The function is to provide nutrition. The bonus is if the food tastes good.
That is a HORRIBLE way to look at food. I agree that eating serves a purpose, but tasting good should be the quest... not a "bonus" (unless every once in a while you really don't have time, and then it's just to stave off the hunger pangs).

We HAVE to eat, or we die. For such a daily / routine / ritual, the only way to make it interesting is to bring in the flava!!!

Although, this is coming from the person, that if given the opportunity, will:

1. eat the exact same dish every time at a restaurant once he finds something he likes

2. eat the same dish over and over for lunch and dinner until it's consumed (or has to go into the freezer to be consumed later).

3. in most cases try anything once with regard to new foods

4. put ketchup on most everything to "enhance" it's flavor

5. considers honey nut cheerios an acceptable meal

Last edited by a moderator:
Vending machine chicken sandwich for lunch.

Have some cajun catfish filets I have to cook tonight or it's going to go rancid. Side of bland chicken soup.

I have been really busy at work, too. So, I don't think about eating as much, if that makes sense. I'm adjusting my thinking about eating. Eating serves a purpose. The function is to provide nutrition. The bonus is if the food tastes good.
sounds like the gabriel method. have you read it?

I had a chipotle mango salad with chicken and extra green. and the edible taco shell bowl. oh yeah! :D

I haven't had good wings in ages. I wish they weren't so fattening, but I may cheat and make them anyways. I've still got Bigray's wife's recipe to try out in the crock pot.
Try this. I honestly can't tell the difference between these and a fried wing.

Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.

Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.

Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve warm.

went to cheddars today for lunch with the hubby and one of his coworkers since they were in town today.

I had some leftover chicken breast with some sauteed onions and peppers from last night and turned in into a sandwich, had a pear with it.

I've got a peach at my desk for a mid-afternoon snack. The peaches around here have kicked ass this year.

Two roach coach chicken (patty) sandwiches for lunch, and a Gatorade. I had shredded beef that had been crock-potted with taco seasoning and a can of enchilada sauce for last night's dinner. My stomach didn't appreciate that, but unfortunately, leftovers await.

Back