What are you eating?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had tacos for lunch, cheezy crackers with peanut butter for snack.
I have about 2 lbs of pork chops that need desperately cooked up in my refrigerator - tonight is the night. My wife had a peach/apricot marmalade with worschershire (sp?) sauce mix that I slather them in after grilling that make them oooohhhh so good. Maybe make up some cheezy mashed potatos to go with.
sounds good. Flying solo here most of the week, so I'm not sure what I make for dinner tonight.

I found a use for the side burner on the grill. I roast the corn on there, and it gets nice and carmelized and cooks really quick. note that I am not steaming it, but roasting. I peel it back to just a few leaves and remove the silk. turn frequently as the leaves burn off.

my daughter really likes the finished corn rolled in butter and then the powdered parmesan cheese, but I find that a little rich.

Lunch today consisted of leftover grilled pork tenderloin, a cheese stick, yogurt, and Strawberry Crush. I'm thinking dinner for mini-Buff and I will consist of a pasta, with a side of chicken nuggets with ketchup for her.

I found a use for the side burner on the grill. I roast the corn on there, and it gets nice and carmelized and cooks really quick. note that I am not steaming it, but roasting. I peel it back to just a few leaves and remove the silk. turn frequently as the leaves burn off.
my daughter really likes the finished corn rolled in butter and then the powdered parmesan cheese, but I find that a little rich.
You guys got Olathe sweet corn yet down there? I have some basically every night while it is in season.

You guys got Olathe sweet corn yet down there? I have some basically every night while it is in season.
My wife's family lives up in NE Colorado and they are working on getting us some of the "peaches & cream" corn from up there. IMO it is better than Olathe, but comparing the two is like looking a Bentley vs Rolls Royce...

I had it a few too many days in a row and had to take a few off. I may go pick some up tonight! :party-smiley-048: plus I need more berries.

Lunch today consisted of leftover grilled pork tenderloin, a cheese stick, yogurt, and Strawberry Crush. I'm thinking dinner for mini-Buff and I will consist of a pasta, with a side of chicken nuggets with ketchup for her.

My wife's family lives up in NE Colorado and they are working on getting us some of the "peaches & cream" corn from up there. IMO it is better than Olathe, but comparing the two is like looking a Bentley vs Rolls Royce...

I had it a few too many days in a row and had to take a few off. I may go pick some up tonight! :party-smiley-048: plus I need more berries.
At least us mountain men agree that the best corn is from the centennial state. None of that CA, KS or FL crap. :poking:

Had my crock pot chicken soup last night, and it just emphasized the fact that I can't cook. It was edible, but almost entirely flavorless. Oh well.

Last night I had parmesian crusted walleye, a michigan cherry salad, and smashed red potatoes. I was tempted to partake of the fried oreo cookies .... but thought better of it. :D

JR

Last edited:
I put a ton of garlic powder in, maybe I needed fresh? Either that, or I need to just get some Lawry's seasoning salt.
always cook with fresh garlic. garlic powder is more for sprinkling on after for more flavor like salt or pepper.

do you use any herbs like basil, rosemary or thyme? If you are watching salt you may look at theat Mrs Dash stuff, but that is a question for my mother in law

Herbs, what are those?

Honestly, I have no concept of what herbs go in what, and what doesn't. I'd throw pine needles in there if you told me to. The "herbs" I have in my pantry are salt, pepper, ground hot pepper, and Montreal Steak seasoning.

Back