VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys ....it seems like I have to wait until next week to find this out.....anyone knows which comes out first the result letter or the website updates? ..I personally prefer to receive the letter at least if I didn’t pass I will through the letter a way but I cannot through the computer a way ...LOL
I believe the website is updated with the names of those that pass on the same day that letters are mailed. I think the last two times I took the exam the website was updated on a Wednesday and I received my letter on Friday. You will not receive a direct notification via the computer. If you see your name, you passed. If you don't see your name, you didn't pass. Don't get excited if you don't see your name for the rest of this week and part of next week or until you see VA people coming in to say they have passed. Also, all names are added at once so if your name is not listed when other names are, you didn't pass.

As far as different treatment for a first time taker, I'm not sure what you mean. We all take the same exam and they are scored the same. If you answer enough questions correctly, you'll pass. If you don't, you'll fail.

If you fail, with your diagnostic report there will be a paper with a phone number to call to re-register to take the exam again and when you can call. You will not have to fill out any additional paperwork until your three years has passed. Unfortunately I know this to be fact because Oct. 09 was my third time taking the exam and what I described above is exactly what happened after my first two attempts.

Lastly, it was my understanding that we have three years from when we are approved to sit for the exam to pass it. If after three years you have not passed it, you need to send in all of the registration material again. I don't think a specific amount of tries has been specified, just a time limit.

Thanks guys ....it seems like I have to wait until next week to find this out.....anyone knows which comes out first the result letter or the website updates? ..I personally prefer to receive the letter at least if I didn’t pass I will through the letter a way but I cannot through the computer a way ...LOL
I believe the website is updated with the names of those that pass on the same day that letters are mailed. I think the last two times I took the exam the website was updated on a Wednesday and I received my letter on Friday. You will not receive a direct notification via the computer. If you see your name, you passed. If you don't see your name, you didn't pass. Don't get excited if you don't see your name for the rest of this week and part of next week or until you see VA people coming in to say they have passed. Also, all names are added at once so if your name is not listed when other names are, you didn't pass.

As far as different treatment for a first time taker, I'm not sure what you mean. We all take the same exam and they are scored the same. If you answer enough questions correctly, you'll pass. If you don't, you'll fail.

If you fail, with your diagnostic report there will be a paper with a phone number to call to re-register to take the exam again and when you can call. You will not have to fill out any additional paperwork until your three years has passed. Unfortunately I know this to be fact because Oct. 09 was my third time taking the exam and what I described above is exactly what happened after my first two attempts.

Lastly, it was my understanding that we have three years from when we are approved to sit for the exam to pass it. If after three years you have not passed it, you need to send in all of the registration material again. I don't think a specific amount of tries has been specified, just a time limit.
That was excellent answer thanks so much ....!!!! and good luck this time

I'm another lurker coming out of the woodwork due to results anxiety. I took the Power exam for the first time in October.

>> Unfortunately I know this to be fact because Oct. 09 was my third time taking the exam and what I described above is exactly what happened after my first two attempts.

So did you take both incarnations of the exam, the old style "General + Discipline" and the new "Discipline" specific? What was that like?

Heads up Commonwealth:

"The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation Licensee Lookup Site is currently unavailable.

Please check back soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm another lurker coming out of the woodwork due to results anxiety. I took the Power exam for the first time in October.
>> Unfortunately I know this to be fact because Oct. 09 was my third time taking the exam and what I described above is exactly what happened after my first two attempts.

So did you take both incarnations of the exam, the old style "General + Discipline" and the new "Discipline" specific? What was that like?
Yes, I took both the old style and new style (power) of the electrical exam. I felt like I did much better my second time (first time taking new style) than I did the first time but I actually scored better on the old style. Let's hope that changes this time.

Last year I was really pumped about it checking every 10 minutes only to fail...so this year Im not doing to bad with it...

"It's kind of pass-fail, which I always thought was easier." ~ Al Giordino, Sahara

I think of this quote all the time reading this board. *giggle*

:wtlw:

Every night....for the last 2 weeks...I am awakened by what I swear is the sound of my wife loading a shotgun.

Good luck all!

I know the feeling...plus my 8 yr old asks me every day if I passed my "big" test...
Transpo, my three year old tells me that when you pass "big Test" we will go out to eat at his favourite restaurant "Burger King"... Even though we have gone to burger king like 4 times in past month!!!

I really hope I make him happy this time....

Haha mine has offered me a slurpie...which is what I do for her when she has a good week at school or does well on her spelling tests...so hopefully next week Im kicked back sipping slurpies with the little one

Haha mine has offered me a slurpie...which is what I do for her when she has a good week at school or does well on her spelling tests...so hopefully next week Im kicked back sipping slurpies with the little one
I sure do hope so.... You deserve it! I just hope we all make it!

I want a large glass of red wine and creme brulee...

And I want to put my books away... I feel like it is bad luck if I bury them in storage before I get my results

I want a large glass of red wine and creme brulee...

And I want to put my books away... I feel like it is bad luck if I bury them in storage before I get my results

I was such a clown the last time...gave a few booksaway..very arrogant of me...especially when it came the part where I had to go crawling in and ask for them back...so this time I have them "sold" pending results...but the wife did make me take them to work...11 months of them taking up space in the den was all she could handle...

Back