VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All!

I had to come out of lurking just to join the waiting crowd.

Misery loves company after all, right?

I had trouble getting DPOR to load this morning and I thought they'd have updated, but nooooo such luck. RATS!

Hello All!

I had to come out of lurking just to join the waiting crowd.

Misery loves company after all, right?

I had trouble getting DPOR to load this morning and I thought they'd have updated, but nooooo such luck. RATS!

Hello everyone I too decided to come out of lurking. Having been through this torture twice before I've learned not to get excited after waiting a good 12 weeks. Last year they updated the license lookup on 01/06/09. However, the DPOR supposely had a bad CD from NCEES and had to get another one sent to them? At any rate if we find out this week we will be plain lucky. I believe they will update the website next Monday or Tuesday 01/04 or 01/05. The notices in the mail will be received around 01/07 thru 01/09 depending on your address.

Good luck everyone, sit back relax and have a Happy New Year. then get excited...or scared..

Jarey

The problem with getting the results in January is that you really need to start studying as soon as you get the results if you fail and want to take it again in the spring. I got my results last year on 1/6 and started studying that day.

I think we will know on 1/5 this year which is another week of waiting.

The problem with getting the results in January is that you really need to start studying as soon as you get the results if you fail and want to take it again in the spring. I got my results last year on 1/6 and started studying that day.
The letter determines my fate...literally...

Fail = take off a semester of grad school (which will delay graduation half a year) and begin studying immediately for 3 hours a day for 3 months. I will miss many hours of watching my young children growing up...

Pass = get a raise...go to bar to get celebrate, get drunk and pass out in gutter somewhere.....

It's in God's hands now....

Fail = take off a semester of grad school (which will delay graduation half a year) and begin studying immediately for 3 hours a day for 3 months. I will miss many hours of watching my young children growing up...

Pass = get a raise...go to bar to get celebrate, get drunk and pass out in gutter somewhere.....

I'm a similar boat as you. I don't have the grad school to worry about but I do have 9 month old twins and I'm going to miss many more hours of them growing up if I have to keep studying for this exam. Also, I don't know if I'll pass out in a gutter if I pass the exam but it did make me laugh.

atleast u won't get the results in first week of February like CA guys (and gals lol), and if u fail, wonder if u have enough time to prepare again for the April exam. additionally, being in VA, u'll get the scaled score that should help understand the nuances for future use.

I'm a similar boat as you. I don't have the grad school to worry about but I do have 9 month old twins and I'm going to miss many more hours of them growing up if I have to keep studying for this exam. Also, I don't know if I'll pass out in a gutter if I pass the exam but it did make me laugh.

Was similar with me...I have an 8 yr old and one less than 2...was a real strain on everybody and a lot of missed hours of me sitting in the next room studying...I owe my wife a real vacation if I pass this go around...

Was similar with me...I have an 8 yr old and one less than 2...was a real strain on everybody and a lot of missed hours of me sitting in the next room studying...I owe my wife a real vacation if I pass this go around...
I had a 2 year old and a 5 month old... My wife deserves a wonderful time once I pass the exams.... Or else another 4 months of work! For her sake I hope I passed the exams!

Guys I'm wondering if the first time exam taker would be treated different ..this is my first time and I will not be able to take it in April so if I did not pass this time I have to wait untill Oct...I dnot want to do that ...By the way how long the application of the exam is good for anyone knows?...wish you all the best ...

Guys I'm wondering if the first time exam taker would be treated different ..this is my first time and I will not be able to take it in April so if I did not pass this time I have to wait untill Oct...I dnot want to do that ...By the way how long the application of the exam is good for anyone knows?...wish you all the best ...
I am from MD and our application remains till 3rd trial. After 3rd trial I have to wait 2 years... Good luck to you...

It would be illegal for anyone to be treated differently...and should you fail, I believe the application is mailed with your fail letter, as you have to re-apply. I am told that re-applying is much less paperwork.

Thanks guys ....it seems like I have to wait until next week to find this out.....anyone knows which comes out first the result letter or the website updates? ..I personally prefer to receive the letter at least if I didn’t pass I will through the letter a way but I cannot through the computer a way ...LOL

Back