VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im still anticipating 2 more weeks give or take a couple of days...I wouldnt kill myself checking dpor site...I did that last only to never see my name there...

Im still anticipating 2 more weeks give or take a couple of days...I wouldnt kill myself checking dpor site...I did that last only to never see my name there...
I agree. I'm just going to come here each day and when I see someone say they passed in this thread I'll go check the DPOR site. The wait is getting more difficult each day; the partners here in my office keep asking if I have passed or when I expect to recieve results.

I agree. I'm just going to come here each day and when I see someone say they passed in this thread I'll go check the DPOR site. The wait is getting more difficult each day; the partners here in my office keep asking if I have passed or when I expect to recieve results.
See, I don't get this. Results come out faster each year. I would guess that when the partners took the exam, they probably didn't find out until January. It's like they don't remember what it was like when they went through it. When I took it back in the 80s, I didn't find out until mid-February!

You know the wait probably wouldnt be so bad if they we didnt know that they would be posted on the internet...Im seriously debating just waiting for the letter this time and not checking (probably wont happen) but constantly checking and waiting is agonizing at best...

On the upside I have my reference books all sold on the contention that I passed this time...

The site always updates in the morning but if the PE licenses are added it usually take allot longer to update and may not come back on line until like 9:30 AM. I still do not expect ours to be posted until 1/5.

It took me two days to plow my 1/4 mile driveway as we got 24 inches at my farm. I am sure the mail and shipping is all backed up.

Does anyone know if the results are updated on the website around the same time the results are mailed? That is, should we expect our letter in the mail before seeing our name on the website?

Does anyone know if the results are updated on the website around the same time the results are mailed? That is, should we expect our letter in the mail before seeing our name on the website?
You should see your name on the website before you receive the letter. That is if you pass of course. I'm pretty sure they update the website the same day the letters are mailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
for all of you VA folks that were enjoying the NC thread, I now get to return the favor! lol. good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
VA gives you a scaled score which is most likely not the cut score. A 70 scaled score is the minimum passing score in VA. For the last two attempts I figured I got from 7-9 points less than the reported score but that does not equate to a cut score either. Look up the modified Angoff method.

btw, the VA thread has nothing on the NC thread...lol
No, it doesn't. That's because we don't have someone like engineergirl to keep us in the loop and we know that we're doomed to wait until January because we are an PCS/EES state. :smileyballs:

Back