The wait is killing me

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although the wait is not literally "killing " me, it sure isn't making life easy. It's my second attempt. I feel better coming out of the exam this time than last time, but now the doubt is setting in.

I have 4 kids (10 years, 7 years, and 3 year old twins) and I work full time so finding time to study hasn't exactly been easy (on me or my husband).

Wishing everybody the best as we wait through the next week or two!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4 kids, 2-three year old twins PLUS full time job?  Hats off to you and your spouse.  Studying seems like it could have been a relief!

+1 here for logging in at least once per day, checking to see if there has been a change...

I don't have any kids, but can certainly relate to the level of stress. We are in the process of moving, close on both old and new homes May 15th. Thought it would be funny to get results the same day we close (only if I pass...). 

These last few weeks will be crazy.  I remember in December the results came out a few days earlier than predicted.  I wasn't ready and sure enough failed 68%.  It was a terrible feeling.  I'm hoping I can finally experience passing the exam soon.  Three time is the charm or three strikes i'm out.  I have seen plenty of co-workers just flat out gave up the past year.  Failing two or three times can cause alot of doubt, and I wish good luck to all who are awaiting good news (green pass).

The day before the April 2018 exam my 6 year old son said "daddy you will pass your exam".   Hopefully, he gave me real good luck.
Wondering how you could manage this?  :mellow:

+1 here for logging in at least once per day, checking to see if there has been a change...

I don't have any kids, but can certainly relate to the level of stress. We are in the process of moving, close on both old and new homes May 15th. Thought it would be funny to get results the same day we close (only if I pass...). 
I bet the result will be on 21st, accroding to some 38-day routine. 

I feel everyone's pain. I'm currently studying for exam attempt #3 in October (skipped the April cycle).  I know waiting for results is hard!  Try to keep optimistic, and remember, if you fail, your worth as a human being isn't tied to one exam.  Grieve, eat some ice cream, then get back on it.  

4248d5207c82aed632e6d60cb1558759.jpg

Almost there, yikes! What day do they usually release it? Was it Wednesday? so its got to be the 23rd..

Seems like Thursdays and Mondays have been reoccuring release dates, at least in my state (which generally releases with the bulk of the country).

Based on the last two years, it seems like this Thursday 5/17 has potential, or possibly Monday 5/21... but who really knows!

Seems like Thursdays and Mondays have been reoccuring release dates, at least in my state (which generally releases with the bulk of the country).

Based on the last two years, it seems like this Thursday 5/17 has potential, or possibly Monday 5/21... but who really knows!
if you read page 11 of the April 2018 NCEES licensure pdf you can see they still have meetings for exam review up until the 19th and I dont think results are released until all exam types are reviewed.

I hope I'm wrong
Not to be a total sociopath... but I did just compare previous exam review dates listed in the Licensure Exchanges to exam release dates. In 2016, my state (Maine) released on May 19th and the last exam review (industrial) was scheduled May 21st. My thought here is that its possible no one in Maine took the industrial test so they released prior to the exam meeting. This is of course 100% speculative/ wishful thinking!

Everyone remember:  

ME_VT is the reason we wont have our scores early.  He did it!  its all his fault with his secret connections to the NCEES.  

if you read page 11 of the April 2018 NCEES licensure pdf you can see they still have meetings for exam review up until the 19th and I dont think results are released until all exam types are reviewed.
:plusone:

Not to be a total sociopath... but I did just compare previous exam review dates listed in the Licensure Exchanges to exam release dates. In 2016, my state (Maine) released on May 19th and the last exam review (industrial) was scheduled May 21st. My thought here is that its possible no one in Maine took the industrial test so they released prior to the exam meeting. This is of course 100% speculative/ wishful thinking!
Industrial wasn't a new exam in 2016. They've used the same test since April 2013. See below.

I checked Feb, and yep! They have those meetings monthly. 

C'mooooon 17th...
Yes various exam committee meetings are routinely held every month. Most don't effect the release date. You have to look for the "exam review", "exam standard", "cut score" and similar meetings that are held after a new test is released - cross reference the exam specifications with when the latest exam was released.

This year all of the electrical exams, plus environmental and architectural are new for April 2018. All of those have "exam standard meeting"s May 18th-19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
:plusone:

Industrial wasn't a new exam in 2016. They've used the same test since April 2013. See below.

Yes various exam committee meetings are routinely held every month. Most don't effect the release date. You have to look for the "exam review", "exam standard", "cut score" and similar meetings that are held after a new test is released - cross reference the exam specifications with when the latest exam was released.

This year all of the electrical exams, plus environmental and architectural are new for April 2018. All of those have "exam standard meeting"s May 18th-19th.
No PE Power Meeting?  

Back