The wait is killing me

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching this thread for three or four weeks, but was only able to create an account to contribute today.

I feel as if I've come to know so many of you who have been sharing my pain over the last 6-weeks, and I am very curious how everyone made out.

I was fortunate enough to have passed - in the Computer Engineering discipline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watching this thread for three or four weeks, but was only able to create an account to contribute today.

I feel as if I've come to know so many of you who have been sharing my pain over the last 6-weeks, and I am very curious how everyone made out.

I was fortunate enough to have passed - in the Computer Engineering discipline.
Congratulations! Heard computers was especially brutal going by the pass rate. 

Congratulations! Heard computers was especially brutal going by the pass rate. 
Thank you.

Did they publish the pass rates for the April-2018 exams?  I could not find them listed (last I looked).

The Computer Engineering exam is subject to very wide swings in pass rates due to the small population of those taking the test.

However, it was quite brutal compared to what I expected from the NCEES sample test I purchased form them in January.  My mind was ashes as I drove back home at 6:30 pm that evening.

Thank you.

Did they publish the pass rates for the April-2018 exams?  I could not find them listed (last I looked).

The Computer Engineering exam is subject to very wide swings in pass rates due to the small population of those taking the test.

However, it was quite brutal compared to what I expected from the NCEES sample test I purchased form them in January.  My mind was ashes as I drove back home at 6:30 pm that evening.
https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/

Well, only 29 people in the whole country took it! Sheesh. That exam will be on the chopping block soon, making your PE license super rare!

Thank you.

Yes, they published 2018 pass rates. For computers 50% of the first time exam takers passed; and only 20% of the repeat takers passed. Like I said brutal.

Yes, they published 2018 pass rates. For computers 50% of the first time exam takers passed; and only 20% of the repeat takers passed. Like I said brutal.
Thanks, I just saw those pass rates this evening.  Wow, I guess I have to go back to a couple of co-workers and correct them.  They told me that the pass rate for the Computer Engineering test was much higher than most of the others.  I guess they were looking at the October 2017 rates.

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/

Well, only 29 people in the whole country took it! Sheesh. That exam will be on the chopping block soon, making your PE license super rare! 
I was thinking that as well.  However, since they have eliminated the Software Engineering exam after the October 2018 test (one test I was originally planning on taking), I suspect that the number of people the taking the Computer Engineering test will go up once SE is gone.  CE got better numbers before SE was in existence.  I switched because I did much better on the CE practice exam than I did on the SE practice exam.  I'm fortunate my undergrad degree was mostly CE, even though most of my work experience was in SE.

Back