PE results released sooner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm predicting no earlier than May 12th and no later than May 21st for the first batch of releases. May 21st is based on the trending 40 days that past exams have been released. The May 12th is 30 days since they don't have the FE group in this batch and the NCEES says 7-10 days for results of the FE.
Only in my fantasies would the results be released in 4 days. But that would sure be nice!

I'm actually quite floored. I just went and checked back through the last couple of years when results started arriving and I kind of loosely knew of the 40 days, but just assumed that was for the really lucky people... but holy cow, the latest date for the Oct 2013 test was 54 days after the first release date at day 40. Folks, when I took my last NCEES exam back in 2010, my FS (that's right fundamentals of surveying) results came in at day 67. The PE exam results came in a week or so later. I was in Virginia then, and that state was by no means the last to get results back then. 4 years prior to that, when I took the PE exam, my results came about 80 days later in Virginia. I don't even think the earliest results were release before 54 days. And California in those days were so freaking slow, they didn't get released till like 100 days or something. I guess I just didn't realize that the wait has been reduced by nearly half from what it was when I first dealt with this back 8 years ago. I'm actually pretty excited. Before now I didn't think there was any freaking chance I'd get results before June for my PS exam, but now I'm realistically thinking they might be here in about two weeks.

Today is still only day 28 though, that means at least 2 more weeks of this waiting nonsense.

Looking at the Ohio Board calendar and they have "NCEES Central Zone Meeting" posted from May 15 thru May 17. So now I'm positive we won't hear anything until the week of May 19th.

Looking at the Ohio Board calendar and they have "NCEES Central Zone Meeting" posted from May 15 thru May 17. So now I'm positive we won't hear anything until the week of May 19th.
Ohio is typically among the first several states in releasing results, which means they probably simply pass on the results without time-consuming procedures.

The week of May 19 is more likely to be the time but the NCEES CZ meeting might not be a bottleneck...

I searched to see if I could find anything on that NCEES description and it appears it's a big conference in Lincoln Nebraska so it shouldn't really deal with our exams.

The past 3 PE exams took 40 / 41 days to get results.

According to my precise guesstimation, may 21st or so.

Regardless...........

what-patients-want.jpg

Also,

What kind of engineer website is this when guesstimation doesn't come up on the spell checker.......

^ just kidding. I hope the results are in your favor.

I just watched that "how exams are scored" video on NCEES's YouTube channel. Two things that I noticed, first, there are roughly 30k examinees each test offering, and second, they take an image of the answer sheet, it isn't like the old scantrons from my high school days I guess, which I believe just optically read the circles and recorded the examinee's answers in a binary fashion (bubbled or not bubbled).

So this is interesting as it answers some questions I've had before. Mainly how many sheets they have to scan. Unfortunately other than those two new pieces of insight into the scoring process, there wasn't really anything in the video that isn't in the text on their site.

I also found it kind of interesting to note that the video had been watched approximately 31k times... How many examinees are there each exam cycle did they say? Hmmm yeah, that number rings a bell. There may be a statistically significant correlation here.

Definitely tough to study with kids. I've got 50/50 custody of my 9 & 10YO with soccer, scouts and a life... I think I nailed it though.

I'm guessing the week of May 19, too.

waiting patiently with the rest of you yahoos. i felt pretty confident immediately after taking the exam. my confidence is waning more and more as the days tick by.

I've had May 24 in my head for a while for Texas from my initial analysis of past turnaround times. Sometimes I go a few days without even remembering that I'm waiting on important, life changing exam results. Sometimes I'm feeling impatient and try to will the results into existence.

Latest posts

Back