PE results released sooner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Mike. With over 11K posts you must have been with this site for many years. :)
deception is an art my friend
you aren't fooling anyone user#25,522
so moderators can see us as a member number? Man, it's like seeing the matrix

the-matrix-animated-gif.gif

I know it's very very early.....but has anyone considering maybe the PE results would come out even earlier because this time we have no FE tests to compete with? They have been getting faster to begin with - now we don't have to wait for them to grade FE test first.... Just being optimistic :)
Reviewing the scoring process http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/scoring-process/, I don't see how they would be released any faster. Item number three on that list seems like that would be the bottleneck. And those are not the same people that did it on the FE exam, I wouldn't think. It seems like like each exam would have their own experts. True, there aren't as many answer sheets to scan but that's probably isn't a time eater.

I asked NCEES yesterday if it would improve the lead time for the PE results. They said no.

I might ask again next week.

I know it's very very early.....but has anyone considering maybe the PE results would come out even earlier because this time we have no FE tests to compete with? They have been getting faster to begin with - now we don't have to wait for them to grade FE test first.... Just being optimistic :)
Reviewing the scoring process http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/scoring-process/, I don't see how they would be released any faster. Item number three on that list seems like that would be the bottleneck. And those are not the same people that did it on the FE exam, I wouldn't think. It seems like like each exam would have their own experts. True, there aren't as many answer sheets to scan but that's probably isn't a time eater.
Yup. I'm sure the process is as streamlined as they are currently able to make it. Wasting time is only going to waste NCEES money. Nobody wins with slower than necessary results. Sure would be nice to walk out of that room with a preliminary score though.

True, there aren't as many answer sheets to scan but that's probably isn't a time eater.

= True, there are not as many answer sheets to scan but that is probably is not a time eater.

SOMEONE is obviously an engineer here. (This is one of the VERY few times I have ever gotten to play the grammar police, couldn't pass it up)

True, there aren't as many answer sheets to scan but that's probably isn't a time eater.

= True, there are not as many answer sheets to scan but that is probably is not a time eater.

SOMEONE is obviously an engineer here. (This is one of the VERY few times I have ever gotten to play the grammar police, couldn't pass it up)

That's not a grammar issue - that's a fat-fingered-not-paying-attention issue...... :D

Or I was channeling my inner Bill Clinton and added an extra "is" without saying what the definition of the extra is is........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back