PE results released sooner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumor has it that the NCEES goes on vacation after the exam. A lot like how CPAs head out of town April 16th. Back by Memorial Day. Maybe...

Apparently not all of them because I got a response from one of the test engineers shortly after the exam was over.

Well, if they are willing to work over vacation, I could care less if they are in the office or not.

I know it's very very early.....but has anyone considering maybe the PE results would come out even earlier because this time we have no FE tests to compete with? They have been getting faster to begin with - now we don't have to wait for them to grade FE test first.... Just being optimistic :)
Reviewing the scoring process http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/scoring-process/, I don't see how they would be released any faster. Item number three on that list seems like that would be the bottleneck. And those are not the same people that did it on the FE exam, I wouldn't think. It seems like like each exam would have their own experts. True, there aren't as many answer sheets to scan but that's probably isn't a time eater.
I would wonder, are these experts in item three on staff or are they subbed out by NCEES? I'm kind of guessing they are probably subbed out. Probably a clause in the contract to get the task done in a certain timeframe, but do our results sit around on the desk of some old cranky guy who knows he's getting a nice little side check from NCEES and just doesn't care about timeliness? No, I can't believe that would be the case.

do our results sit around on the desk of some old cranky guy who knows he's getting a nice little side check from NCEES and just doesn't care about timeliness? No, I can't believe that would be the case.

that depends on if he's everything and the package it came in.... or just a cranky old guy....

I'm predicting no earlier than May 12th and no later than May 21st for the first batch of releases. May 21st is based on the trending 40 days that past exams have been released. The May 12th is 30 days since they don't have the FE group in this batch and the NCEES says 7-10 days for results of the FE.

Back