PE results released sooner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked NCEES yesterday if it would improve the lead time for the PE results. They said no.

I might ask again next week.
Haha! Are you antagonizing them anonymously or do they know who you are?

You have to put in your name. No, I am not antagonizing them. That is not my purpose. I am always polite. The questions I ask are genuine. I was sort of kidding about contacting them again next week.

I am sure they get fed up with engineers asking them about results.

True, there aren't as many answer sheets to scan but that's probably isn't a time eater.

= True, there are not as many answer sheets to scan but that is probably is not a time eater.

SOMEONE is obviously an engineer here. (This is one of the VERY few times I have ever gotten to play the grammar police, couldn't pass it up)

That's not a grammar issue - that's a fat-fingered-not-paying-attention issue...... :D

Or I was channeling my inner Bill Clinton and added an extra "is" without saying what the definition of the extra is is........

hmmm, I thought everyone knew what Clinton's extra is was.... or was it 'has been and was is'? well, whatever it was, it was not a lie, that I remember.

My first child happens to be due 5/26. which is likely to be around the result release.

Hopefully my coming son will be doing great and the same for me.

My first child happens to be due 5/26. which is likely to be around the result release.

Thats funny. I am expecting my first child on 5/24. We are having a daughter.

The baby will probably take my mind off the results if they aren't posted by then, or at least I hope.

The baby will probably take my mind off the results if they aren't posted by then, or at least I hope.

If I might fail, I would not feel too bad since my son will bring me the joy that will offset any frustration. This will be the luck he brings me for sure. The same thing for you. :)

If I might fail, I would not feel too bad since my son will bring me the joy that will offset any frustration. This will be the luck he brings me for sure. The same thing for you. :)
Y'all are smart to have prepared and taken this exam before babies come. Best of luck to you both. Most who have kids will tell you it'll be harder to effectively study with a new baby around. I sure wish I'd have been wise enough to do it way back in 2003 when I was first eligible to sit and the year my first daughter was born.

April '14 was my first time taking the exam and even with a 10 year old and an 8 year old, it's hard to get the work in. Hundreds of hours of studying is hard on the little 'uns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Ready for PE. I somehow feel guilty by spending much time studying and kind of ignoring her during her first pregnancy.

I am thinking of buying her something really nice...

Anyway, best luck to you too, so you may change your ID from "Ready for PE" to "Ready for Raise". Hahaha :)

Thats funny. I am expecting my first child on 5/24. We are having a daughter.The baby will probably take my mind off the results if they aren't posted by then, or at least I hope.
Y'all are smart to have prepared and taken this exam before babies come. Best of luck to you both. Most who have kids will tell you it'll be harder to effectively study with a new baby around. I sure wish I'd have been wise enough to do it way back in 2003 when I was first eligible to sit and the year my first daughter was born.
April '14 was my first time taking the exam and even with a 10 year old and an 8 year old, it's hard to get the work in. Hundreds of hours of studying is hard on the little 'uns.
Very hard with kids, I have a 7 year old with autism and a 4 year old.

Thats funny. I am expecting my first child on 5/24. We are having a daughter.The baby will probably take my mind off the results if they aren't posted by then, or at least I hope.
Very hard with kids, I have a 7 year old with autism and a 4 year old.
Indeed.....i was out of college and took my EIT when I have a 6 years old..it was crazy..especially out of school for a long time. I just took the April PE hopefully I passed this time or else it will divorced

I doubt that the process be any faster..I am sure they always had different panels for determining the PE/FE cut scores. I am thinking we might be getting the PE results by 3rd week of June, 2014.

Third week in June?!! I would like to believe that whatever process NCEES uses to score this thing is a little more efficient then that. If I had to guess a date, May 23rd looks like a good one. Wishful thinking anyway. Do some states release scores quicker than others?

due to the complications of the CBE for the FE, I have been told that it will take longer than previous exams. Nothing earlier than June 16th.
Yup. I believe NCEES also mentioned something similar on their website. Could be a long wait.

I know it's very very early.....but has anyone considering maybe the PE results would come out even earlier because this time we have no FE tests to compete with? They have been getting faster to begin with - now we don't have to wait for them to grade FE test first.... Just being optimistic :)

due to the complications of the CBE for the FE, I have been told that it will take longer than previous exams. Nothing earlier than June 16th.
There is some logic to this. If I'm not mistaken, FE results are released by prometric within days, not weeks. Also, the FE is a continuous exam administration, no longer just twice per year. Lastly is NCEES still involved? I thought it was all Prometric?

Back