PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the response I got yesterday from PCS for the PA results, "Most likely by the end of next week. We just received scores on Friday from NCEES and yesterday our office was closed. We are working on reconciling this week and will forward the scores the PA Board for their approval next week."
So, right off the bat I assume they are lying about only getting the results from NCEES on Friday.... And still, I'm not convinced that "reconciling" doesn't just mean "sit around, not doing anything, but charging the state more money for more 'involvement' in this".
Exactly, after getting a reply from them in less than 3 minutes I'm not convinced that "reconciling" doesn't mean sitting here watching these poor saps squirm for a few weeks.
From my understanding of Data Integration (and my roommate is a Data Integration Consultant that travels the country for massive clients, so I can verify with him), reconciling should be the process of them checking that every name they have on a list of people that were approved to take the exam has a corresponding result in the database received from NCEES. Assuming that the results came in the same format as last time (fair assumption given the quick turnaround of some of the states and the fact that there is no reason for it to have changed), this should have been set up previously as a command to compare the two databases and return Pass, Fail, or Error. If no Errors, you start the next command which sends an email to each person stating to check the NCEES website (where they already have the Pass or the Fail + Diagnostic Report waiting). The whole process should be less than 30 minutes, assuming you take a coffee break. if they don't have the commands set up to check the database, I could probably write it within a day or two. The fact that it takes a week leads me to believe that there is some poor sap at PCS literally paging through sheets upon sheets of results and applications and matching one up to the other, making sure there are no errors

I called PCS about results for MA. They said it will be up this week and we will receive an email to notify us.

I've been really anxious but somehow talking to the PCS people has calmed me down. They're really nice if any of you want to call.

I will call PCS in few mins.

I posted this on other board, but feel that since we are PCS states, I should repost here.

Called MD board. Lady who answered was ready with her answer almost even before I ask. "No, We have not received them yet." I ask "You have not received them from NCEES?" She responds: "Not yet". I ask: "Do you know of a time line?" She responds: "May be about a week?".

I half believed her knowing I have no choice.

MD PE.

Heard this from two different sources: one email response from PE board administrator, and two from PCS directly. Both gave exact same answer. They WILL be released sometimes this week. So, I am thinking by Friday Maryland PE results will almost certainly be out.

Latest posts

Back