PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I can promise that I will be contacting the elected officials in my state once I pass and have my license and no longer will need to contact these people (PCS). I plan to explain what a waste of money they are to the state and tax payers (me/us).

I think it's naive to assume that they use PCS in hopes of processing the results *faster*. Whatever formalities they have to go through to "validate" the results, I'm sure that they outsource it to PCS so that they can do it cheaper, not faster.
I'm sure that's the theory, but what is cheaper than having your already-employed salaried employees take on the extra role?

This is the government we're talking about. It's not going to make any sense.

From the horses mouth

"We are expecting to have reconciled by the beginning of next week.

Thank you."

Thanks for the info! I'm assuming the horse was referring to all states under its jurisdiction? I'll just wait for that email... :doganim:

Good luck to everyone!

well, I can promise that I will be contacting the elected officials in my state once I pass and have my license and no longer will need to contact these people (PCS). I plan to explain what a waste of money they are to the state and tax payers (me/us).

I think it's naive to assume that they use PCS in hopes of processing the results *faster*. Whatever formalities they have to go through to "validate" the results, I'm sure that they outsource it to PCS so that they can do it cheaper, not faster.
Join the club on that one. But basically, the PCS states farm this work out since it's cheaper than hiring NCEES to administer the exam. Most of the elected officials probably won't even really have a good understanding of what you're talking about. But perhaps you'll get through.

Join the club on that one. But basically, the PCS states farm this work out since it's cheaper than hiring NCEES to administer the exam. Most of the elected officials probably won't even really have a good understanding of what you're talking about. But perhaps you'll get through.

I'm just guessing that "The state should spend more tax money so that new engineers don't have to wait an extra couple of weeks to see their results" would not go over well with the average voter.

This is the email that I received from the NCEES this morning. Who can see what's wrong with it?

ncees.JPG

I refuse to look, F5, or any of that crap today. I'm tired of this running my life, damn PCS. I will check these boards during the day. Hopefully I will find out that way.

Email response from PCS (VA Coordinator)

They are working on them. hopefully soon (by the weeks end) you will receive and email.

whatever. It's such BS. I was told by the NJ coordinator beginning of this week.

I told myself from the beginning that I wasn't going to call and bother them, and would instead just wait for results... That being said, if anyone else feels like calling them regarding PA I would love to know their response....

that was my feeling too, but then practically every other state released their scores during the first week, and my desire to wait went out the window. I attempted to be quite nice in my conversation when I called if that is any consolation.

Here is the response I got yesterday from PCS for the PA results, "Most likely by the end of next week. We just received scores on Friday from NCEES and yesterday our office was closed. We are working on reconciling this week and will forward the scores the PA Board for their approval next week."

Here is the response I got yesterday from PCS for the PA results, "Most likely by the end of next week. We just received scores on Friday from NCEES and yesterday our office was closed. We are working on reconciling this week and will forward the scores the PA Board for their approval next week."
So, right off the bat I assume they are lying about only getting the results from NCEES on Friday.... And still, I'm not convinced that "reconciling" doesn't just mean "sit around, not doing anything, but charging the state more money for more 'involvement' in this".

So, right off the bat I assume they are lying about only getting the results from NCEES on Friday.... And still, I'm not convinced that "reconciling" doesn't just mean "sit around, not doing anything, but charging the state more money for more 'involvement' in this".
Exactly, after getting a reply from them in less than 3 minutes I'm not convinced that "reconciling" doesn't mean sitting here watching these poor saps squirm for a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back