PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was a reply to my "hey i'm sure you get this 30 times a day, but all the cool states are releasing them when will Virginia?" email. Probably a canned answer, but figured i'd pass it on anyhow.

It's the same every cycle, it won't be that long. The PCS states do take a little longer but for the October exam VA, MA, MD came out about a week after the inital results, I would say tomorrow or Thursday because of the holiday weekend. You get the email from NCEES about the results. It will show up on both websites pretty much at the same time (NCEES and PCS) and there is no cutoff time per se. I got notified at around 7pm when I got my results for the Fall exam. Good luck.

Update from MD:

Scores must be reconciled by PCS, then sent to the Board because they will need to assign registration numbers to all those candidates that passed. This process can take a few days, and score will not be released until the end of this week. Every state is different and they all don't release scores at the same time. PCS is still inside that 8 to 10 week window.

So, what exactly does "scores must be reconciled" even mean? From my understanding NCEES sends the scores in a digital database of sorts. What exactly is PCS "reconciling"? Likewise, assigning registration numbers should seriously be as easy as autonumbering all of the passing results in that digital database. I never understood why people assume this process takes so much time. An intern should be able to do all of this in an afternoon.

That being said, I understand that the boards might have other things going on, so it won't always be instantaneous. But there does not appear to be any real reason for how long it takes some states...

There is simply no sense of urgency in some of these states....

I know that we're technically licensed by the states individually, but since the test is taken on the same day in all states, and all disciplines are administered the same tests regardless of state, it's not logical that all states don't issue results on the same day. It would eliminate so much agony! It's ridiculous. I agree that "validating" or "reconciling" or whatever with the scores that PCS does seems like a silly "middle man" thing to do - and again - since these tests are STANDARDIZED it makes no sense why some states would require it while others don't. It should be the same for all.

*just needed to rant*

Exactly, which in the long run is fine. I just dislike when they pass the blame or try to make it sound like it is a much harder process than it really is as an excuse. I would prefer for them to come out and say "We will get to this after we finish up this other stuff, maybe in a week or so" instead of saying "talk to PCS", and PCS says "talk to the state board" and NCEES says "hey, I gave out your results a week ago".

PCS needs to get their act together and send out the results so I can finally be productive at work again.

Probably being cynical here, but our states pay for PCS services, so perhaps it behooves them (PCS) to hold onto the results for a period of time and "add value" (whatever that may be) before they provide any results.

Probably being cynical here, but our states pay for PCS services, so perhaps it behooves them (PCS) to hold onto the results for a period of time and "add value" (whatever that may be) before they provide any results.

I agree with you that maybe PCS needs to factor in time to "add value."

time = value, right?

No, no it doesn't

:beat:

well, I can promise that I will be contacting the elected officials in my state once I pass and have my license and no longer will need to contact these people (PCS). I plan to explain what a waste of money they are to the state and tax payers (me/us).

The reply I got from DPOR when I asked them when should we expect the PE results

"It will be several weeks since we have to load the results on our computer system before we can process them for release. If you passed the exam, you will see yourself listed as a Professional Engineer on the License Lookup feature of our website. So I suggest you start checking that feature in a week or ten days."

The reply I got from DPOR when I asked them when should we expect the PE results

"It will be several weeks since we have to load the results on our computer system before we can process them for release. If you passed the exam, you will see yourself listed as a Professional Engineer on the License Lookup feature of our website. So I suggest you start checking that feature in a week or ten days."
Don't lose hope for hearing sooner.

I don't doubt it takes that long to get into the VA(?) database and posted online, but it seems likely PCS or NCEES will notify you of your test result before then.

Good luck - hope you pass...

well, I can promise that I will be contacting the elected officials in my state once I pass and have my license and no longer will need to contact these people (PCS). I plan to explain what a waste of money they are to the state and tax payers (me/us).

I think it's naive to assume that they use PCS in hopes of processing the results *faster*. Whatever formalities they have to go through to "validate" the results, I'm sure that they outsource it to PCS so that they can do it cheaper, not faster.

I think it's naive to assume that they use PCS in hopes of processing the results *faster*. Whatever formalities they have to go through to "validate" the results, I'm sure that they outsource it to PCS so that they can do it cheaper, not faster.
I'm sure that's the theory, but what is cheaper than having your already-employed salaried employees take on the extra role?

Back