P.E. Certificate for your wall

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Catatonic

Does anyone know how the P.E. Certificate that you hang on the wall from the state (in my case Virginia) is obtained? Do they send you that info with your passing letter?

dont know about Virgina but in Georgia they sent me something that said If I wanted one I would have to buy it seperately :ZZZ:

That's what I thought. I know that Virginia isn't going to give anything away for for free either B)

dont know about Virgina but in Georgia they sent me something that said If I wanted one I would have to buy it seperately :ZZZ:
I was offended by that little request as well. To spite them, I plan to blow up the little license card to 24x36 and frame it on my wall. It will be sweeeeeet.

-GT

Virginia's wall certificate is about the size of a college diploma - I will be getting one to hang on my office wall, no matter what the cost :D

we are workign on a deal to print those for the state boards, you can get a discount if you surrender your reference materials, instead of recirculating them.

You are talking about something seperate from the license itself? I beleive that Virginia actually sends the blue and white license with the "congratulations" letter. Or so I have heard.
This is a large certificate made for framing to hang on the wall.

I like how the little blue certificate is the same license that the lady who cuts my hair displays in her booth :claps:

I like how the little blue certificate is the same license that the lady who cuts my hair displays in her booth :claps:
That's good stuff, isn't it.

In VT they gave me a "barber's license" printout, flimsy wallet card, and 8.5x11 wall certificate. It's the lamest certificate ever, plain white office printer quality paper and generic times new roman font. :thatsgay:

NH was more on the ball. 11x14 parchment style certificate with big words like hereunto and stuff. And the wallet card was pre-laminated.

Here's a pic of the certificates from the states I'm licensed in. Got my NY EIT certificate on there for good measure too.

Certs-1.jpg

I know, and I had a hard time finding a hair stylist with a PE.

GA mailed the little blue cards also.

In VT they gave me a "barber's license" printout, flimsy wallet card, and 8.5x11 wall certificate. It's the lamest certificate ever, plain white office printer quality paper and generic times new roman font. :thatsgay:
NH was more on the ball. 11x14 parchment style certificate with big words like hereunto and stuff. And the wallet card was pre-laminated.

Here's a pic of the certificates from the states I'm licensed in. Got my NY EIT certificate on there for good measure too.

Certs-1.jpg
That's what I'm talkin' about - the New Hampshire one :thumbsup:

from what I can gather PA gives you a parchment certificate and a small paper license, which is the actual legal document..

Back to the original question. I asked recent Virginia PE's and they said:

First a passing letter comes with your score.

A blue 8.5"X 5" licence with expiration date is coming at the same time or a few days later.(not clear)

Then after 3 months a 11"X14" wall certificate comes in the mail. (Free, and you don't have to request it.) :read:

Back to the original question. I asked recent Virginia PE's and they said:First a passing letter comes with your score.

A blue 8.5"X 5" licence with expiration date is coming at the same time or a few days later.(not clear)

Then after 3 months a 11"X14" wall certificate comes in the mail. (Free, and you don't have to request it.) :read:
Sweet! But why does a 3 month wait not surprise me?

I posted a copy of my passing letter (VT) and reciprocity approval (NH) on my wall until my certificates arrived. Better than nothing.

They have to print up the certificates, and have the board members sign them at their monthly meeting. Take a while I guess.

I put up my card on my desk next to my scissors, hair gel, shears, and other products that I use to cut peoples hair on my lunch break (I hope they dont notice that I am not really a senior barber)

Latest posts

Back