MARYLAND - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest Update.....

No results till second week of July...

I received response from Acting Executive Director for a Email I had written to Dorothy. In the email she wrote that she is sorry she can not give further specifics about the date but it will be in second week of July. The board is understaffed for all the in house activities that Maryland needs to do.

I guess still some waiting time for all of us....

Good news is that she also emailed me saying that MD is looking to get a vendor (ELSES OR EES OR any other) early next year.

Latest Update.....
No results till second week of July...

I received response from Acting Executive Director for a Email I had written to Dorothy. In the email she wrote that she is sorry she can not give further specifics about the date but it will be in second week of July. The board is understaffed for all the in house activities that Maryland needs to do.

I guess still some waiting time for all of us....

Good news is that she also emailed me saying that MD is looking to get a vendor (ELSES OR EES OR any other) early next year.
I don't believe that they are going to have ELSES or EES take over this. Not in this econonmy, They don't have that much money (specially with all budget cuts). Instead they need to hire 1/2 people just take care of this.

It would be a good news only if I have to take it again in October, which I don't want to.

Atleast all our e-mails to DLLR had an effect on them.

I don't believe that they are going to have ELSES or EES take over this. Not in this econonmy, They don't have that much money (specially with all budget cuts). Instead they need to hire 1/2 people just take care of this.
It would be a good news only if I have to take it again in October, which I don't want to.

Atleast all our e-mails to DLLR had an effect on them.
ENGR: I know that if MD goes with vendor early next year we may not require there service at that time! But I want to make sure that in future MD people do not have to wait this long. Sometimes hiring is costlier than this vendors (Specially at state level with all the Pension and Health benefits). I do not know specifics but hiring a vendor can save money sometimes.

I finally decided to register so I can feel better (??) about the wait....
Confession: Took PE Civil [Water Resources/Environmental] in April in MD...this is my 6th (yeah I know..) and final try, so, phew...the wait is KILLING me.
April PE test is the second time for me. Took ME PE in Oct and website was updated 1st week in Jan. Letters were received the following week. As for Maryland contracting testing out, I will believe that when I see it.

April PE test is the second time for me. Took ME PE in Oct and website was updated 1st week in Jan. Letters were received the following week. As for Maryland contracting testing out, I will believe that when I see it.
Absolutely I will also beleive when I see it! I was in no way saying that state board was going to get a vendor...... I was saying that they are atleast thinking about going to a vendor.... It takes a lot between thinking about something and going with it.

Got email from Pam Edwards today too. She stated we might get the result the second week in July. This waiting sucks.

Got email from Pam Edwards today too. She stated we might get the result the second week in July. This waiting sucks.
Another thing I was thinking is whether this week is counted as first week of July or the next week is still first week of July!????

I hope and pray that this is the first week. Any ideas?/

I am already telling coworkers to give exam in one of the ELSES states if possible and than apply for MD license via comity if the waiting for result part is going to get anyone........

Another thing I was thinking is whether this week is counted as first week of July or the next week is still first week of July!????
I hope and pray that this is the first week. Any ideas?/

I am already telling coworkers to give exam in one of the ELSES states if possible and than apply for MD license via comity if the waiting for result part is going to get anyone........
Only 32 states and DC have their results back. I guess somebody has to be 49th. We all know CA will be 50th.

Only 32 states and DC have their results back. I guess somebody has to be 49th. We all know CA will be 50th.
Absolutely.... But if people can not handle the wait it would serve them well to be take the exams in one of the 32 states! I can definitely not handle the wait...... Around July 4th our company handles us a pay raise and I would have loved to have my PE results by then......

Absolutely.... But if people can not handle the wait it would serve them well to be take the exams in one of the 32 states! I can definitely not handle the wait...... Around July 4th our company handles us a pay raise and I would have loved to have my PE results by then......
I agree. Since the state board will get the CD why don't they just upload the result to their website first. At least, that will release lot of painful waiting.

I agree. Since the state board will get the CD why don't they just upload the result to their website first. At least, that will release lot of painful waiting.
trees, my guess is they have another party updating website and if that is the case it includes one more step of sending result to them and then they will take there sweet time to update website..... (Just my guess)

Is it just me or does it really take this long to update data to website and/or send letters out to candidates?????

I update website for my company all the time and if results are released in electronic format (CD) it should not take this long to update the website........ Two weeks!!!! (80 hours to update website!!) I guess we all should be working at the board!!!!

Is there something they are not telling us!!

Is it just me or does it really take this long to update data to website and/or send letters out to candidates?????
I update website for my company all the time and if results are released in electronic format (CD) it should not take this long to update the website........ Two weeks!!!! (80 hours to update website!!) I guess we all should be working at the board!!!!

Is there something they are not telling us!!
Does maryland curve the passing marks. based on my knowledge TX does curve the results and they are among the first few states to release the results.

I feel your pain. I'm cheering for you. I've been there and I know how hard it is.

Maryland has always spoiled big holidays.... Be it Christmas and new year or the July 4th weekend!!!! Congratulations Maryland you once again spoiled 4th of July long weekend for all of us!

Based on the past history it would be either Tuesday (07/06/09) or Wednesday(07/07).

So, Guys enjoy your long weekend and do not think about the results.

Any Terrapin alums who graduated in spring 05 take the exam? I saw a few people in line who I recognized.

I don't know I just received email from Maryland board: (May be response to my previous email last week):

"Letters will be mailed by next Friday (07/10) but website will be updated before you will receive letter".

So get ready..... Next week it is!!

Back