MARYLAND - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand now everyone who took the exam is nervous about the result releasing. The only thing we can do now is waiting for the board. Just calm down and wait.

Discussions of proper etiquette while dealing with DLLR have occurred before. While waiting for the October 2008 results, someone on this board was admonished for naming a DLLR employee he had emailed. Posts that criticize other members’ dealings with DLLR appear personal and seem to cause hurt feelings. Those of us who already have our license can best support this board by providing appropriate information and encouraging those who are waiting for their results.

I knew that would happen. How can engineers take things so personally? All we do is find out we're slightly wrong all the time. You'd think we'd develop a tougher skin. Vh, please develop a tougher skin. Your career is going to be a lot smoother that way. I'm speaking from experience. I used to get all worked up about things. It's much better to just let it roll. Nobody is trying to be mean on here. We're all together in this.
Voll I am trying to forget what happened in the past and started posting even after I said no (although I am a democrat and so I can change whenever I want to!! :rolleyes: ).

But when somebody comes back to me and says that why I am telling people to relax while calling board every day or something in that context is a attack... Everybody is worried about the results and I am more so ... (Just had a newborn baby girl and do not think I can study now with one toddler and one new born if I fail....)

I contacted the board and I realize that the board is also tired of answering same question. Actually this was my first call and I have only sent out 2 emails. One was 2 weeks ago and other was just yesturday or so...

I was given a very concise answer and so I thought of sharing with all of them who are worried about the results as I felt really good after I knew that results are not going to come out in near future.

I just though the information could help all the others and so I shared. I did not have to share to anybody.

People who have given PE and passed have to let go some comments from people who are waiting for results.

Mike is picking up on small things and trying to blow them up. The latest post was something that I had never received and thought it is something that most of the test takers do not know.

But again if you all felt that it was just 2+2 = 4 in all my message then I am sorry that I wasted so much of my weekend time typing them.

I started to post because I thought because of one person I should not stop writing.

Voll I am trying to forget what happened in the past and started posting even after I said no (although I am a democrat and so I can change whenever I want to!! :rolleyes: ).
But when somebody comes back to me and says that why I am telling people to relax while calling board every day or something in that context is a attack... Everybody is worried about the results and I am more so ... (Just had a newborn baby girl and do not think I can study now with one toddler and one new born if I fail....)

I contacted the board and I realize that the board is also tired of answering same question. Actually this was my first call and I have only sent out 2 emails. One was 2 weeks ago and other was just yesturday or so...

I was given a very concise answer and so I thought of sharing with all of them who are worried about the results as I felt really good after I knew that results are not going to come out in near future.

I just though the information could help all the others and so I shared. I did not have to share to anybody.

People who have given PE and passed have to let go some comments from people who are waiting for results.

Mike is picking up on small things and trying to blow them up. The latest post was something that I had never received and thought it is something that most of the test takers do not know.

But again if you all felt that it was just 2+2 = 4 in all my message then I am sorry that I wasted so much of my weekend time typing them.

I started to post because I thought because of one person I should not stop writing.
Well if you felt I was attacking you, I'm sorry. I was just making an observation. It must have been where I said I was glad you continued to be post or where I said good luck and I hope you pass......

I'll try to not respond to any more of your posts so as not offend you.

Again, good luck and I hope you can tolerate the wait and hopefully you'll get a positive result.

Actually, I also took the April exam in MD and nervous about the result. I was thinking about giving MD board a call before the post came out. Now I understood how MD handles the result and how long I might wait for. I will say for someone who is waiting for the result these information might calm us down. We know what's going on there. Why don't we stop now and wait for the result released. I really appreciate all these information you guys provided here.

I wonder why NCEES has not released national Pass rate yet. I thought they post the pass rates same week as they send results to States. Does anyone have any Idea abt it.

Some Stats from October 2008 Exam.

Total appeared for the PE Exam = 373

Total passed PE Exam =139

pass rate in MD for October 2008 PE Exam= 36.7%

For April 2009 total approved candidates were 321..... :sharkattack:

Lets hope that this time we raised the bar.

I wonder why NCEES has not released national Pass rate yet. I thought they post the pass rates same week as they send results to States. Does anyone have any Idea abt it.
Following the October 2008 exam, NCEES posted the pass rates on December 29th. Maryland’s results were posted on-line 8 days later on January 6th. DLLR mailed the results on January 13th. That mailing contained all information allowing you to register on-line and get your actual license.

Any latest news anybody???? I would think they would have recieved results by now......
I agree but I checked the past exams it seems MD was always the last couple states to release the result. I just don't understand is that difficult to print out and upload to website? It seems the NCEES sent out the CD to the state board. It should be very straightforward thing to me.

I agree but I checked the past exams it seems MD was always the last couple states to release the result. I just don't understand is that difficult to print out and upload to website? It seems the NCEES sent out the CD to the state board. It should be very straightforward thing to me.
I do feel same thing... Once you have CD it should not take more than couple of days to mail letters! I mean how many IT guys would you need!

Update us all if anyone gets any info from board... (We all would appreciate)

Following the October 2008 exam, NCEES posted the pass rates on December 29th. Maryland’s results were posted on-line 8 days later on January 6th...
Interesting, thanks, this could be a good indicator of when to expect results. I wonder if this has been consistent over the past few exams? If so, we don't even need to think about results until after NCEES posts pass rates.

Does anyone have any update whether DLLR got the results from NCEES??
I don't think anyone will have updates till tomorrow as secretary (Dorothy Matricciani) is on leave from Monday to Wednesday. (She had informed me on Friday that she will be off for three days.) I guess somebody may get something after she is back...

I guess MD does not have anybody like North Carolina!!(Engineergirl)

I don't think anyone will have updates till tomorrow as secretary (Dorothy Matricciani) is on leave from Monday to Wednesday. (She had informed me on Friday that she will be off for three days.) I guess somebody may get something after she is back...
I guess MD does not have anybody like North Carolina!!(Engineergirl)
Who's this North Carolina Girl and what did she do. Can you give some details abt it. You have been doing a great job.

Keep up the good work.

Who's this North Carolina Girl and what did she do. Can you give some details abt it. You have been doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
This engineer girl is actually working in board office and provided updates of when the state actually received results!!! (as far as I understand)

Back