MARYLAND - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update? Waiting sucks.
I really don't want to be the one to have to say this, and I wish it wasn't true, and as hard as it is to believe, we are still looking at a 2.5 to 3 weeks wait!

PS: it does suck, why can't MD get with the program? How much extra does it cost to have ELSES administer the exam? I would cover the extra cost for quicker results.

I really don't want to be the one to have to say this, and I wish it wasn't true, and as hard as it is to believe, we are still looking at a 2.5 to 3 weeks wait!
PS: it does suck, why can't MD get with the program? How much extra does it cost to have ELSES administer the exam? I would cover the extra cost for quicker results.
Are you sure 2.5 to 3 more weeks? That really sucks. Does the MD board do something now? Or they just want to torch us.

Are you sure 2.5 to 3 more weeks? That really sucks. Does the MD board do something now? Or they just want to torch us.
Remember that the best part of torching us is the wait, so they are in no hurry!

Yes, we have 2.5 to 3 weeks to go. If you look at last April's exam and last Octobers exam, they tool like 75 and 74 days to release results, this would put us at July 7th or 8th. Vhmehta called the MD PE board and they confirmed that it would the 2nd week of July.

I wish it weren't so.

Most recent Update: (Dorothy Matricciani): Friday, 4:15 pm:

"Maryland has not recieved any results from NCEES. When the mail arrived today (Friday) at 3:00 pm MD board did not get any PE results. They are still waiting for results as we are. She informed that MD normally gets results after some of the states from NCEES. She informed that once MD board gets the results from NCEES (They sent in the form of CD), the CD is sent to IT department who would print out names of candidates who passed and failed and prepare to send out results and at the same time update website. She said it would take atleast one week for IT department to work on results after they receive from NCEES. They do not have to discuss the results and so obviously they would not discuss it in July 9th meeting. She said that MD have a very small IT department and it would take time. I also offered her that I could get people to help if they needed! Ofcourse she denied and said she understands what we feel but there is nothing she can do about it. She also said that she had been informed not to talk to anyone about results on phone but because I had written her 3-4 emails she said she wanted to talk. She was really nice while talking and understood the feeling that we are all feeling.

So I would assume they would receive results some time next week and it would take another week for them to prepare. I guess around July 4th is going to be ideal bet for us. Just relax and enjoy the weekend.

I know it is hard to wait..... Specially with all the results coming out.... But couple of weeks will go by pretty quickly... Go to beach and relax!!

I hope I can know the result before July 4th. I believe everybody has the same idea as mine.

I hope I can know the result before July 4th. I believe everybody has the same idea as mine.
It is going to be tough as IT department is going to take atleast one week and still they have not recieved results... But we can hope.... and pray!

It is going to be tough as IT department is going to take atleast one week and still they have not recieved results... But we can hope.... and pray!
I have a semi-serious question for you. I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, but you've been posting for several days that you've been calling the md board and they're telling you they won't be sending them out until July and you say everyone needs to relax and take it easy.

then why do you keep e-mailing and phoning them? Honestly, how many times have you contacted them? And have you received a different answer yet? I'm guessing this lady at the board office must have the patience of a saint......

Relax guys. Worrying abt the results will not change the outcome. I don't think it would take any IT department 1 week just to sort out the list of 371 people (Assuming they are not evaluating the results with in the borad). If they get the results on monday, my guess is that they are going to update the passing list 6/24-6/26. Good luck to all of you. :wtlw:

I understand what you are saying Mike. It's the definition of insanity, right? But we're not really behaving logically right now. Our lives are a little on hold and we all react differently. Me, I have to check and recheck all day even thought I know they only update once per day. I know it doesn't make sense, but I need to do something....

Honestly, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. I'm just asking a serious question. If I add 2+2 several times and keep getting 4, why would I keep adding them?

and this is why i keep reading the boards. i like these comments. i had to call my co-worker over here to read it. FUNNY!

I understand what you are saying Mike. It's the definition of insanity, right? But we're not really behaving logically right now. Our lives are a little on hold and we all react differently. Me, I have to check and recheck all day even thought I know they only update once per day. I know it doesn't make sense, but I need to do something....

= waiting for results induced paranoia and OCD, and there is only one cure

Look at it this way you could be like NY and not get it until late July or August....that would be torture for anyone, I don't care who you are.

Honestly, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. I'm just asking a serious question. If I add 2+2 several times and keep getting 4, why would I keep adding them?
Honestly, I have to say that I have been interested in vhmehta posts. He is not getting the same answer, they gave him the straight dope about the actual process of releasing results the last time he contacted them. I think the PE boards (at least MD) has been real thin on information. I now know the MD process for releasing results (after the last post by vhmehta) and I am glad he got the info.

I have a semi-serious question for you. I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, but you've been posting for several days that you've been calling the md board and they're telling you they won't be sending them out until July and you say everyone needs to relax and take it easy.
then why do you keep e-mailing and phoning them? Honestly, how many times have you contacted them? And have you received a different answer yet? I'm guessing this lady at the board office must have the patience of a saint......
Mike, no problem for asking questions. I am ready to wait as long as I know when the results are coming. If I know I am not getting results next week I would spent this weekend without any problems.

Also I would like to know how state boards work with NCEES and what the process is.. Now I know that results are not coming for atleast some days and I know the reason why...

Mike, If you do not want to read my postings than there is no compulsion to read them. Also, my last message was specially for "bph" as he had asked me to ask the board if they were going to discuss it on July 9th. So if you are not interested in my message than DON'T READ THEM.

I just thought that many of us were anxious as I was to know when the results are going to come out and so I just thought to let everybody know.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CONTACTED THE BOARD.. AS LONG AS BOARD DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ANSWERING ME, I CAN CALL AS MANY TIMES I WANT.

Dorothy Matricciani had helped me throughout the process of applying (mine was a complicated application with foriegn degree and 4 different jobs) and was really nice to give me the details of how the application is treated once it gets to the board and have answered my questions/concerns with a very polite and patient response. I am grateful for that. Unlike you most of them are feeling good that now they know what happens to application.

All I did was ask a simple question and you have to start yelling (ALL CAPS) and taking everything so personal. Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I am glad though that you decided to continue posting - you said you weren't going to post anymore a couple of days ago.

Good luck - I hope you pass.

I knew that would happen. How can engineers take things so personally? All we do is find out we're slightly wrong all the time. You'd think we'd develop a tougher skin. Vh, please develop a tougher skin. Your career is going to be a lot smoother that way. I'm speaking from experience. I used to get all worked up about things. It's much better to just let it roll. Nobody is trying to be mean on here. We're all together in this.

Back