Map: April 2014 PE Results Released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VA PASSED Electronics! I seriously thought I failed, really. I was only certain on slightly less than half the questions, and I randomly guessed like 20 of them. GOD IS GOOD! Yaaaayyyy!!

Congrats, but I'm a little bit concerned that you passed after flat out guessing on a quarter of them and not really sure on a quarter of them... just kidding... way to go! Now go study again before you design anything in the real world :)

Congrats to my VA fellows...even I took it in MD...

Take off go home early and celebrate..that's what I am going to do since I didn't leave early yesterday lol

MA is out ! Guy in my office passed Elec! Go look ... congrats to those who passed

VA PASSED Electronics! I seriously thought I failed, really. I was only certain on slightly less than half the questions, and I randomly guessed like 20 of them. GOD IS GOOD! Yaaaayyyy!!

Congrats, but I'm a little bit concerned that you passed after flat out guessing on a quarter of them and not really sure on a quarter of them... just kidding... way to go! Now go study again before you design anything in the real world :)
+1

5/20: KY, WA, ME, AR, IN, UT, TN, DE, AK, TX, VT, FL, WV, DC, NH, NE, SC, MS

5/21: OK, OH, MI, NC, LA, PA, AZ, MO, NM, ND, KS (Mailed), WY

5/22: AL, NV, IL, WI, NJ, MD, CT, MN

5/23: NY, CA, VA, MA

VzI8Ckg.png

I chatted with NCEES regarding Colorado. My rep checked with their exam admin group and relayed to me that "as of right now" CO does not plan on giving permission to release results until first week in June. Beating up NCEES or calling DORA won't change anything, so I will remain hopeful things change (i.e. keep hitting refresh every 5 min) but my expectations are definitely tempered.
For some reason I think they have to wait until they have their board meeting and that is scheduled for June 2nd since May 26th is a Holiday. I looked on the meeting schdule part of the DORA website. :( My WY friend found his out already and this is torture!!!!
What does the board review/meeting accomplish I wonder? Not like they can change the cut score or tell NCEES to fail anyone, so letting us know if we passed the test would seem to be a non-factor. Still not a PE until they say so. Oh well...
Some politician wants to feel important, probably.

Also waiting in GA, would really like to know what the delay is with GA board releasing results, does not look like it is going to happen before the long weekend.

+1

Ha ha. I know, it's crazy right? Any results are possible in the "swing state" of VA. :B

Seriously, the Electrical & Electronics exam was filled with lots of info, as I'm sure all other exams area. I know I did well in Circuits, Controls, Communications (I really studied RF and antennas since everyone said to prepare for that), Electronics and the straight-up math stuff. These areas just happen to be the areas I work in on my job, and the areas I did good in during college. However, the bulk my PE Electronics exam was full of questions that I thought should be on the Computer-specific Electrical & Computer PE exam, not on Electronics. That was my weakness, which is why I thought I failed. I was only certain on about 45% of the questions which were my strong areas, and semi-certain with a good educated guess on another 25%. The rest of the exam I had to really guess. Some smart guesses, some random guesses. :-/

In the end, it doesn't matter. A pass is a pass. I assure everyone that I'll only "stamp" things in my area of knowledge. I'll leave the computer and digital stuff to someone else.

Mr Chris is now a PE!

:party-smiley-048:

So, if anybody is studying for the California Survey or the Principles and Practice of surveying or the Fundamentals of surveying... I've started the logical next step for engineerboards and that is surveyorboards. It's the same management as Engineerboards... basically me and Road Guy as the admins and a couple new faces as moderators.

It isn't a competition to Engineerboards, it's just the surveying sister (or brother) site. I've also fixed some of the bugs that I had on Friday when I started the board.

You have to type in surveyorboards.com, for some reason if you put the www on the front it doesn't work. That is new to me, but easy enough workaround.

Anyway, if you are one of the first 50 members you'll be part of the coveted "Charter Member" group, with extra PM space, file upload space, etc.

again, that's surveyorboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back