Interview tips

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I interviewed this past spring, I was the first one up. I told my husband that my job was to walk in there and dominate the interview to the point the other candidates didn't have a chance. I then made a point of saying hi to all of them as the day went on, just to throw them off a little. My office was near the conference room.

Ive done more interviewing the last two years than i have my whole life, unless something really good comes out i am glad to be done with all the bullshit government interviews

Ive done more interviewing the last two years than i have my whole life, unless something really good comes out i am glad to be done with all the bullshit government interviews

You should interview here. Have never seen interviews like that anywhere. We must be the only company that interview for a technical position but do not ask a single technical question.

Interview with the contractor on Friday afternoon went really well. Ended up being about 2 hours of just casual conversation about my work experience, expectations, goals, etc. District manager said he will definitely be calling me back soon to discuss things more. He didn't flinch when I indicated salary range, so that's a good sign.

Deputy PM position interview this afternoon too. It's another one of those structured group interviews with the 6-8 standard questions. I hate those.

Interview yesterday went well. I saw the other candidates and know I'm up against some very well qualified guys (one of which is one I used as an example for how I would approach things). I think I have a chance, but my original thought of this being a long-shot back when I applied still holds.

Latest posts

Back