Interview tips

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you still have to do their goofy test?
Scheduled for October 27th at 9am, and will last 90 minutes.

Recruiter said there are 5 of us taking the test, there aren't any real right or wrong answers (not a technical test, more of a situational "What would you do"), and she is fairly certain we will all get an interview.

I was also told last week they don't really plan on firing this job up until next spring because the construction funding grant isn't in place yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recruiter said there are 5 of us taking the test, there aren't any real right or wrong answers (not a technical test, more of a situational "What would you do"), and she is fairly certain we will all get an interview.

I was also told last week they don't really plan on firing this job up until next spring because the construction funding grant isn't in place yet.
Took it this morning. What a waste of time. Nothing on there that couldn't be discussed in an interview.

On another note, a recruiter in New Zealand says there are a couple strong leads for me there.

Mrs Dex has her heart set on moving to NZ now. Overall, I'm pretty excited over the idea of moving there. That is until Mrs Dex said she wouldn't let me take the Camaro. She said it's too big and we would have to deal with emissions crap there. I don't care. If we go, Bee goes with us. It would definitely be interesting to see how to drive a left-hand car in a right-hand roadway system.

Yeah. He is talking with http://www.tdg.co.nz/ about a couple different positions, not sure exactly which ones though.

Mrs Dex is also working with a recruiter to see what's available for her. We really don't have any location restrictions, so we'll see where things take us. The northern island is more sub-tropical, whereas the southern island varies depending on where you're at. The north end is warmer, west coast is the "rainy" side, east coast is drier, there are tall mountains along the center, and the southern tip is cold enough to support penguins. Basically, it seems like it's Colorado with a beach...

Yeah I think having the Camaro would be nice, lots of opportunities for scenic driving. It would be weird for you being a lifelong Colorado'n living somewhere that gets more than 30 days of rain

Mrs Dex has her heart set on moving to NZ now. Overall, I'm pretty excited over the idea of moving there. That is until Mrs Dex said she wouldn't let me take the Camaro. She said it's too big and we would have to deal with emissions crap there. I don't care. If we go, Bee goes with us. It would definitely be interesting to see how to drive a left-hand car in a right-hand roadway system.
We have friends in Serbia with a car that still has IL license plates. They can't title it in Serbia because it won't clear the emission standards. They had to fill out a form to get a pass on getting it tested in IL since the car is out of the country. The end result is that it's an IL registered vehicle with no testing requirements even though they no longer maintain a residence of any kind on this side of the Atlantic.

Point is: There may be a fairly simple loop-hole for the car. You just have to take a little time to look for it.

Took it this morning. What a waste of time. Nothing on there that couldn't be discussed in an interview.

On another note, a recruiter in New Zealand says there are a couple strong leads for me there.
Good news is that I interview for the Deputy PM spot on Nov 9th. Bad news is that they are using the conference room across the hall from me for all the interviews that day. Do I just take the day off and show for the interview? The HR lady didn't seem to care when I pointed it out, but I'm pretty sure I would not be very productive the rest of that day.

I also got an interview tentatively scheduled for Nov 6th with a contractor whose office is only 5 miles from my house...

I've taken work days off to do interviews. Was better prepared and then didn't have to worry about being distracted as you described.

My boss has a f*cking heart attack if any of his subordinates show up to work wearing a suit and tie. He immediately assumes we're going for an interview somewhere. He's right 50% of the time, give or take.

I show up and intimidate the other candidates. Worked this last time.
Conference room has a glass door. I could use that to my advantage...

51dPvOd6yaL._SX342_.jpg

Back