Guess the date!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are listed as "exam standard setting". Those are the only meetings with such a label. And all of those exams has new specifications effective Apr 2018. These are most likely "cut score" meetings. They're not too late by historical standards.

They are listed as "exam standard setting". Those are the only meetings with such a label. And all of those exams has new specifications effective Apr 2018. These are most likely "cut score" meetings. They're not too late by historical standards.
Hmmm alright then its gotta be next week Thursday for NYS for sure.

No!  We have until 10 AM before I am willing to concede!

This is just a minor setback.  IT. WILL. BE. TODAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
NWFDC1q.gif

Results come out at like 4pm EST usually?
Varies by state and year. No pattern as far as we can tell. We've seen results come out right at the beginning of the work day up past 9:00 PM local time.

However I've never heard of the initial burst of releases that didn't come out during regular business hours. International locations are different as those seem to go out immediately and follow east coast business hours.

Varies by state and year. No pattern as far as we can tell. We've seen results come out right at the beginning of the work day up past 9:00 PM local time.

However I've never heard of the initial burst of releases that didn't come out during regular business hours. International locations are different as those seem to go out immediately and follow east coast business hours.
why not we develop a model to predict the date after this round? 

NCEES has successfully crushed me. I am a broken shell of a man who doesn't care anymore. I guess I better get back to work!

why not we develop a model to predict the date after this round? 
Already done:

1. Find the date about 35 - 40 days after the exam. Spring tends to be 35 days, Fall is around 40 (because holidays)
  2. Determine which exams are new this cycle
  3. Check the NCEES Licensure newsletter to see when the "cut score", "standard setting", etc meeting is being held for those exams. Spring is April newsletter, Fall is December newsletter
  4. Determine which comes later, the 35 in the spring / ~40 in fall, or the end of the cut score meeting plus a couple business days.
  5. If 35/40 is later, it'll be a narrow range of days around that date ~(-1,3)
  6. If the cut score meeting(s) is later, add 2-4 business days and make a range around that date. ~(-1,3)
  7. Speak only in broad terms on the forums about this date, because
  8. Try to keep the examinees from going postal while waiting for results. People start getting overly neurotic and nutso if they were expecting results by "now" and feel that they are "late". It gets geometrically worse every day.

NCEES has successfully crushed me. I am a broken shell of a man who doesn't care anymore. I guess I better get back to work!

I'm on the Same Boat. I cant do this anymore.
This is nothing. NCESS is getting faster. The wait used to be so longer in the past. It was only a few years ago that people would test in October and get the results in January.

This is nothing. NCESS is getting faster. The wait used to be so longer in the past. It was only a few years ago that people would test in October and get the results in January.
But things are different now back in 2007 a G1 and and sidekick  were the most advance phones out... NCEES is stuck in time 

Meh, everything will be CBT by 2020. Exams (for all but a few small tests) can be taken any day of the year and examinees will get their results in 7-10 days. Chemical is already CBT and nuclear makes the transition (to a once a year CBT) in October.

None of that matters for people waiting for results now. But they are making progress.

Already done:

1. Find the date about 35 - 40 days after the exam. Spring tends to be 35 days, Fall is around 40 (because holidays)
  2. Determine which exams are new this cycle
  3. Check the NCEES Licensure newsletter to see when the "cut score", "standard setting", etc meeting is being held for those exams. Spring is April newsletter, Fall is December newsletter
  4. Determine which comes later, the 35 in the spring / ~40 in fall, or the end of the cut score meeting plus a couple business days.
  5. If 35/40 is later, it'll be a narrow range of days around that date ~(-1,3)
  6. If the cut score meeting(s) is later, add 2-4 business days and make a range around that date. ~(-1,3)
  7. Speak only in broad terms on the forums about this date, because
  8. Try to keep the examinees from going postal while waiting for results. People start getting overly neurotic and nutso if they were expecting results by "now" and feel that they are "late". It gets geometrically worse every day.

April 2017, the first day after the final exam meeting was May 25th. 

image.png

October 2017, the first day after final exam meeting was Dec 4

image.png

April 2018, the first day after final exam meeting is June 4th.........Maybe they throw a bone on the 22nd......

image.png

image.png

xam Date

PE

SE

April 2016

5/19/16

6/10/16

October 2015

12/11/15

April 2015

5/21/15

6/11/15

October 2014

12/14/14

April 2014

5/20/14

6/17/14

October 2013

???

12/16/13

April 2013

5/22/13

6/13/13

Copied @dussbucs from a different thread.

So, it's possible that they will release the SE results later. May be June 1st week. But that shouldn't matter for releasing PE results earlier. 

EDIT: I misread your initial response and intentions, and didn't respond with the appropriate tone. tried to cool it off with this edit. My apologies.

Image 1

Probably a coincidence. Petro is an October only exam. And it wasn't new that year.

And that meeting was a routine meeting. It wasn't labeled as a "cut score" or "standard-setting meeting" like in image 4. Those regular exam meetings happen all the time.

Image 2

"SE" isn't the "PE" exam. I've never tracked the SE results because:

1. I don't care about that test
  2. neither do most people on this board.
But for those that do care about the SE results, those will come a few days after June 2.

sidenote: you screengrabed the image from the October Licensure, not the December Licensure newsletter.

Image 3

See first response from image 2

Image 4

Yes, those are the standard-setting meetings that I believe are the "delay" this session.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back