Guess the date!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjavery said:
I just bought a house (closed 5 days ago). It's been real helpful on keeping my mind off of the exam (especially considering I put the offer in on April 8th, right before the test). Spent the entire weekend painting and didn't even think of results... until my coworkers decided to ask me this morning if I had heard yet.

Hasn't been so kind to my bank account though.
I'm right there with you. Still early days for us, but seller accepted our offer so...hopefully I have PE money soon otherwise it's Top Ramen for the next 30 years!

pjavery said:
@squaretaper I took industrial this go around (I double majored in EE/Systems) since it lined up well with my part-time MBA. But there are so few industrial test takers & resources that I've got zero sense of how I did. Feels like I'm completely blind on this. 
Neato! A rare Industrial specimen!

And just where have we decided to vacation? I'm guessing...not Hawaii.
A bunch of friends get together every year... about 8 of us, we rent a house on the coast for the Memorial Day weekend and this year we're going to Cayucos, near Morro Bay... it'll be a nice weekend no matter what the results. We're going to go wine-tasting in Paso Robles, shopping, walks on the beach, and lots of eating for sure... last year it mega-sucked because I got a failing score, so hoping to change that this year. But like I said, I'm not going to let the results impact my mood this time.

pjavery said:
I wish. Just a combo of small starter home (2 bed/2 bath), I got a steal on the place (seller actually tried to back out because she regretted accepting my offer), and I've got a stable union job so I felt more comfortable making the purchasing plunge (I'm still confused that white collar unions for engineers are a thing, but I'm not complaining).
Congrats on the new house !!....welcome to home-ownership, where the projects never end...it'll be one of the most rewarding experiences you'll ever have...

A bunch of friends get together every year... about 8 of us, we rent a house on the coast for the Memorial Day weekend and this year we're going to Cayucos, near Morro Bay... it'll be a nice weekend no matter what the results. We're going to go wine-tasting in Paso Robles, shopping, walks on the beach, and lots of eating for sure... last year it mega-sucked because I got a failing score, so hoping to change that this year. But like I said, I'm not going to let the results impact my mood this time.
Bon voyage! You earned a break, have fun!

If you happen to stop by Firestone Walker in Paso Robles, pick up some Parabola for me (or anything else that is limited release!).

Bon voyage! You earned a break, have fun!

If you happen to stop by Firestone Walker in Paso Robles, pick up some Parabola for me (or anything else that is limited release!).
I just looked at their web site on Googleand they have really good reviews...their food looks amazing !!

Especially if it lasts longer than a week.   :blink:

giphy.gif

Back