GOOD LUCK - and advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dude, my bad. I thought I was responding to the Tom impersonator. Sorry.
Tom "Impersonator?"

Why would I impersonate myself? Still hung up on the "you took the test twice" thing?

Well, let me tell you - when you make the life changes like I have, you become a new person. There is a lot of truth to the term "born again" - I have only taken the test once in my new life.

Prior to that, I spent a LOT of wasted energy fighting the test administrators over some "issues" with my test experience. I placed blame everywhere but in the mirror. Since the change, I have devoted myself to helping others avoid the mistakes I made. Since when has self confidence become a bad thing?

I don't like to dwell on the past; I prefer to move forward and meet each brand new day and its unique challenges. Those who cannot forget the past are condemned to repeat it. - Santayana

How cute - seems someone has taken it upon themselves to give me a new avatar. Probably a homophobe moderator who still harbors ill feelings toward me from before.

Move forward, friends!

Move forward, friends!
Move ON, T_McK. Your so-called "help" is not helpful, constructive, or wanted on this forum. One would think you would have picked up on this fact after one of your "permanent" bannings, but despite your self-proclaimed brilliance, you still can't seem to grasp that concept.

Why would I impersonate myself? Still hung up on the "you took the test twice" thing?
You are either an impersonater - The "real" Tom admitted previously that he failed the PE the first time he took it; or if you are the "real" Tom, you're a liar. You're either lying now or you were lying then.

You are either an impersonater - The "real" Tom admitted previously that he failed the PE the first time he took it; or if you are the "real" Tom, you're a liar. You're either lying now or you were lying then.
hey poindexter, try reading the thread all the way through before posting. You've missed some key information.

You can also apply this exercise to your test preparation, too.

More props for me!

I see JR has regulated the situation. Nicely banned.

I don't mind the occasional Tom alias stirring the pot on here but I draw the line at harassing longtime members and scaring off the newbies.

I take off on the campaign trail for a few days, and look what I come back to find.

Geesh. :screwloose:

BACK ON TOPIC----

I just got my oh **** moment. This is really happening on FRIDAY!!!!!!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

This better be way easier than the practice exams!!!

I think you will find the exam to be much easier than your practice exams in many respects. However, there will be a few that will leave you with a nagging feeling.

Overall, I think you are thoroughly prepared to go in a kick some serious butt! :plusone:

JR

BACK ON TOPIC----
It probably will be, but it will be FOR REAL, and that can freak you out and make it seem harder. You've just got to relax and be prepared to give it your best. Be confident but alert.

The problems seem easier, but the atmosphere is what killed me. Three proctors pacing around, the sound of other people frantically turning pages, and not being allowed the go potty easily if you want make this one harder. It's always about being able to relax. That's what I keep telling myself.

I guess I went into a zone, because I didn't notice anything but the test in front of me. Probably could have set a nuke off and I wouldn't have noticed.

It probably will be, but it will be FOR REAL, and that can freak you out and make it seem harder. You've just got to relax and be prepared to give it your best. Be confident but alert.
Totally agree with those statements! Confidence and trust that you have done the BEST that you could to prepare needs to be on your mind. Do NOT be thinking ... **** why didn't I spend more time on THAT??!!

The problems seem easier, but the atmosphere is what killed me. Three proctors pacing around, the sound of other people frantically turning pages, and not being allowed the go potty easily if you want make this one harder. It's always about being able to relax. That's what I keep telling myself.
The pressure-cooker feeling messed with me too, especially when I had started to pile-on how much time and money had been invested not mention the clock was ticking with how many attempts I had made to take the exam.

The last time I took the exam I was really able to push all of that out of my mind. I had to force myself to believe I had prepared well and would do well not because time was up but because I COULD do it. :)

I guess I went into a zone, because I didn't notice anything but the test in front of me. Probably could have set a nuke off and I wouldn't have noticed.
I did the same thing. The only thing that could have made the exam better was if I was allowed to listen to my iPod during the exam. That would have rocked! :th_rockon:

JR

I did the same thing. Went through the exam the first time and there were about 5 or 6 questions that I left unanswered and I remember thinking I better rush to get the answer because I must be almost out of time and I looked at the clock and I had about an hour and 15 minutes left. That is when I calmed down for the exam.

I am always in a zone...

I sat beside this guy that the whole office hated because he would constantly make sniffling sounds, but never blew his nose... it would go on and on...

I never noticed until about 4 months later another coworker asked me how I was able to stand it

"Stand what?" I said....

A few minutes before the exam instructions began, my heart was in my throat and my pulse was racing. I was really hoping the emotional stuff wouldn't mess with my testing ability.

Once I actually started working problems, I was surprised how calm and collected I felt. Felt no different than the 100 other problem sessions I had done.

I just got my oh **** moment. This is really happening on FRIDAY!!!!!!
That happened to me twice last Friday! It's my second go at it and I feel much more prepared this time. I haven't posted much as I was really trying to use my time wisely and I end up spending way too much time here.

Back