Electrical PE Exam - Apr. 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
08b577f4886f2b13868b0a5745636864.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

...When you see a problem in the PM session which reminds you of a mistake you made in the AM session :huh:

Still haven't seen mine update in NCEES.  My AR license application updated with pass but no license #.  

I passed the electrical pe exam. congratulations to everyone who passed as well. 

Thank you everyone in this forum for sharing wealth of knowledge and resources. This forum helped me immensely. 

Failed, but not surprised. I worked instead of studied ahead of this exam...So I'm an AE (consulting engineer) and i took the power exam because the prep materials for the AE test are terrible. Below are my diagnostics....

Not being an EE and not practicing circuit analysis, no shock there. 

What would be the best resources for measurement and instrumentation and Transmission system analysis?

The few code questions I did not get i'm sure are related to the transmission code. 

View attachment 9588

Passed.  Studied about 2 hours total with the NCEES practice exam and didn't even go over PM practice problems (completed half of AM practice problems).  I am not a genius in any way but in my opinion, someone who didn't study the material should not pass this exam.  I took the NEC code book with me and the NCEES practice exam with me to the test and that's basically it.  I'm not here to make anyone feel bad about this accomplishment but it makes me wonder the validity of the exam.  I've only been in power engineering for about 2 years.

Finally Passed!!!!! Shouting to sky and thanking you all here at EB for being such good help in this journey.  It is really appreciated.

Back