Electrical PE Exam - Apr. 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an amusing post, and probably does a good job summarizing how I felt leaving.

My friends at work are doing their dead level best to assure me that I failed the exam and that I should start studying now for the October exam since the pass rate for repeat takers is even less than first time takers. ?

Not real sure how to say this, but it seemed to me that the exam didn't exactly follow the exam specifications. Did anyone else feel that way?

There are several threads on here why re-takers' pass rate is even lower. However, I think that's a bunch of hocus pocus. Everyone takes the same test. So repeat takers have the same chance at passing as a newbie. 

Anyhow, yes I think there were a lot of questions which were mixed into other topics, coupled with a bunch of red herrings. That said.. Hang tight, you may have passed! 

Not real sure how to say this, but it seemed to me that the exam didn't exactly follow the exam specifications. Did anyone else feel that way?
don't say that, you'll simply get rude remarks from those who need to be condescending to feel better about themselves.

only see that from those with thousands of posts

The exam specification is at a very high level. So, it may not seem that it follows, but it does. 
Some of the questions can be based on 2 or 3 different areas, depending on what they ask for and what is given.

don't say that, you'll simply get rude remarks from those who need to be condescending to feel better about themselves.

only see that from those with thousands of posts
26 posts and already living up to your screen name.

That is an amusing post, and probably does a good job summarizing how I felt leaving.

My friends at work are doing their dead level best to assure me that I failed the exam and that I should start studying now for the October exam since the pass rate for repeat takers is even less than first time takers. ?
Don't start studying until after you know the results.  You'll second guess yourself even more.  Relax, drink a few craft beers and wait.  What's done is done.  It's easy to feel discouraged right after the exam.  Why do I know this?  Because I went through the same thing.  BTW, I took the test twice almost 18 years ago.  Did not pass either time and got gun shy until taking it again in April 2014.  No matter what happens if you really want it don't give up.  I'm proof that it can work out.   

may I suggest meditation versus any alcoholic beverages.

thank you

yes you can live peacefully in a non alcoholic world without stress, I am proof of that. :true:

I feel the same way, didn't see subjects I was ready for which makes this process even more frustrating. :brickwall:

may I suggest meditation versus any alcoholic beverages.

thank you

yes you can live peacefully in a non alcoholic world without stress, I am proof of that. :true:
I can see your point. Although I am a fan of high gravity beers I would never encourage anyone to over indulge and I also realize that it is best for some to refrain.  My key point is that there is no need second guess right now.  Wait and see what the scores are and then go forward. 

I can see your point. Although I am a fan of high gravity beers I would never encourage anyone to over indulge and I also realize that it is best for some to refrain.  My key point is that there is no need second guess right now.  Wait and see what the scores are and then go forward. 
Thank you for your advice. Yes your right. I started thinking maybe I'll go through some PU problems and demand management problems but I'll hold off on those... 

The test was interesting.  I didn't come out of the test feeling very confident, but I don't know a single person that did feel confident after this test.  It was on the same difficulty level of the NCEES practice test...but different.  I was surprised about the lack of 2 particular subjects on this test that seemed like they were not included that I spent a fair bit of time studying. 

My concern is that with the amount of time I put in on this test, I don't know if I can sacrifice my work/family life to do it again without repercussions.

After the test was complete, my neighbor who was taking Civil said "I felt a lot better after the FE", which was exactly how I felt. 

The test was interesting.  I didn't come out of the test feeling very confident, but I don't know a single person that did feel confident after this test.  It was on the same difficulty level of the NCEES practice test...but different.  I was surprised about the lack of 2 particular subjects on this test that seemed like they were not included that I spent a fair bit of time studying. 

My concern is that with the amount of time I put in on this test, I don't know if I can sacrifice my work/family life to do it again without repercussions.

After the test was complete, my neighbor who was taking Civil said "I felt a lot better after the FE", which was exactly how I felt. 
Good information. How about comparing it with PPI/Kaplan/Chhaya/CI practice tests, 

Good information. How about comparing it with PPI/Kaplan/Chhaya/CI practice tests, 
If you did all of those tests (like I did), I would say you were about 60% covered on the exam. The other 40%, however, while I dealt with in some of my classes and at my work was no where near what I saw on any practice exam - and I did all of them.

For what it is worth.. I felt the morning was fairly straightforward and the afternoon much more difficult for me.  

I studied about 250-300hrs starting in December. 

The questions seemed mostly aligned with the different areas per ncees guide.  

For the second half, it wasn't that I wasn't familiar with the question but rather the phrasing of the question and provided info.  Lot of theory and much less computational which was the exact opposite to what I was expecting.  

Good luck everyone!

Back