EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A three-day supported ride with campgrounds would be an awesome idea! If it's on the Left Coast, I'm in.

Can we do on the continental divide? I'm not in biking shape but at least I would be in elevation shape

^This flatlander can handle that, as long as we start at the top and go down. Isn't there a trail along 70 near Vail where you can do that?

I will check around.. I would love to do that this summer (with or without you guys)

There's a ride in August that goes from Estes Park down to Loveland. It's pretty much a downhill coast if they are taking the route I think they are taking.

^This flatlander can handle that, as long as we start at the top and go down. Isn't there a trail along 70 near Vail where you can do that?
Vail Pass. I've done it from Vail to the top and back. 16 miles one way. The down is fun.

I rode a metric century yesterday, from my house to the top of McClure Pass (6,500 feet to 8,800 feet) in 4 hours. My legs were sore, but interestingly, my right shoulder is what hurt the most. I think it has to do with my positioning on the bike...I'll try making some adjustments and see if that helps. I'm slowly but surely increasing my mileage per ride, trying to get ready for the Tour de Steamboat on July 18.

Nice ride, IL Pad!

So you can ride on the actual Cottonelle divide trail or do you have to ride on the road?

Did another 32 miles today. I didn't have it in me to do a half century again...plus, I was miserable for the rest of the day after I did that. I feel alright after my ride today.

went to ride the bike (to the pool) yesterday.. my rear tire valve stem was broken off (hanging there like one of my rug rats cut it with a knife) which they know they would not be able to sit down for several hours if they did that.. know anything that would cause that? or just an old tire / tube?

Did another 32 miles today. I didn't have it in me to do a half century again...plus, I was miserable for the rest of the day after I did that. I feel alright after my ride today.
You gotta make sure to eat and drink after all of that. Helps with the miserable feeling.

I've lost my mind... a trip to the local Trek store, a 45 minute demo ride, a Discover card, and I left with: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/road/endurance_race/domane_6_series/domane_6_9_disc_compact/#

The most comfortable fit and ride I've ever felt. I need to get it down to less than $0.25/mile, so I've get 30,000+ miles to go.

Call it a little reward for being selected to O-6. I can think of worse mid-life crises!
I

hate

you.

Domane_Disk_Profile2-620x380.jpg

Seriously? With the disc brakes and everything? I think I just did the Randy Marsh all over my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You gotta make sure to eat and drink after all of that. Helps with the miserable feeling.
I drank as much as I could. I was really nauseous, so eating probably wouldn't have helped in the short term. I took a nap, then ate something, and felt marginally better. I was full strength the next morning though.

Back