EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to do it (I need to get something checked on my car before though) thats a long way for CSB to come and pick me up if my car breaks down..

and sadly the big pile of boxes and other shit from the move hasnt budged much, I think wife wil expect some type of movement on that while she is on her feet for a 14 hour day at work?

BUt If I can get a green light on the car and leave at 6:30 AM or earlier I will do it...

Bring money for a soda. It'll take me awhile to get to Vail.

Any recommendations for baskets/bags to carry an 11lb dog on a hybrid?

I have seen small dogs carried a number of ways. Most frequent is the trailer or a milk crate attached to a rear rack.

Then there's this:

38738_421294064570_7989343_n.jpg

That's "Pipsqueek" and her owner. The dog balances on the handlebars while she rides. The lady did the entire ride with her dog on the front of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
they make these things called "back yards" and one of the cool things about them is you can leave your pets there!

Then you dont have to wear your dog when you leave the house?

If you drew a bubble above the dog's head and wrote in it:

"Why the HELL would she put me in this dog gone thing!!??

I think it would be an accurate representation of the facial expression of that poor dog...

For that dog, when they were on the bike, it was like one continuous open car window. I don't know how the lady ever got to the though of "Hey, I should wear my dog!" She has/had two other dogs, but they were 100 pounds a piece and stayed home.

I almost bumped an old thread about this, but didn't, because everyone mentioned their 40+ mile commutes in that one. Guess it's the same thing.

Anyone participating in Bike to Work week? I rode this morning, even with the threat of thunderstorms later today.

Considering that I don't even own a bike of my own, it would look really funny if I were to come riding up in my son's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bike with training wheels on it.

Anyone participating in Bike to Work week? I rode this morning, even with the threat of thunderstorms later today.
I've done it before, but it's a 23 mile trek each way through nasty roads and morning traffic, so I generally avoid it. Give me open roads and mountains....

... which is where we're headed Friday for our weekly Gap ride (weather permitting).

Anybody ever race criterium?

I haven't biked in a week and a half now. It has been in the 90's with 40+% humidity every day. I get dehydrated when I bike in the upper 70's, so I didn't even want to risk it. I have been riding the exercise bike to stay in shape, though. After the front rolls through tomorrow, I may try to go for a long ride on Wednesday.

That being said, they are currently pouring a mixed-used (biking/running) trail near my office that will give me an almost straight shot from my house to work without having to ride on busy streets. Once they finish it, it will be very tempting to bike to work.

I figured biking in 90+ degrees would be awful, but it turns out you generate your own breeze and it's not too bad. I use a camelback to stay hydrated when it's really hot out because it's a lot easier than a water bottle. I still bring a water bottle for backup though.

I figured biking in 90+ degrees would be awful, but it turns out you generate your own breeze and it's not too bad. I use a camelback to stay hydrated when it's really hot out because it's a lot easier than a water bottle. I still bring a water bottle for backup though.

I always take my Camelbak, even on shorter rides. But when I'm sweating that much, drinking water can't keep up with lost fluids. I agree that it is tolerable to ride in the heat, but when you stop at a traffic light or just for a break, you realize how much you have been sweating the whole time you've been riding.

I have done fine with carborocket in mine, just make sure you wash it well that day.

I've also done plain water with margarita clifblocks.

Back