EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? With the disc brakes and everything? I think I just did the Randy Marsh all over my computer.

The Di2 is better than the hydraulic brakes... the shifting is incredible! I'd have been happy with Ultrega, but it only comes in DuraAce.

Did another 32 miles today. I didn't have it in me to do a half century again...plus, I was miserable for the rest of the day after I did that. I feel alright after my ride today.
You gotta make sure to eat and drink after all of that. Helps with the miserable feeling.
I drank as much as I could. I was really nauseous, so eating probably wouldn't have helped in the short term. I took a nap, then ate something, and felt marginally better. I was full strength the next morning though.
Getting in some protein and carbs right after makes a huge difference. When I'm too nauseous to eat, I drink some chocolate milk. It's also a good idea to make sure you're taking in enough sodium. You might feel to pukey to eat, but your body needs the replacement nutrients.

I used to feel horrible after rides, but once I started making changes in my nutrition on the bike and then immediately after, I felt a lot better. Don't bonk.

went to ride the bike (to the pool) yesterday.. my rear tire valve stem was broken off (hanging there like one of my rug rats cut it with a knife) which they know they would not be able to sit down for several hours if they did that.. know anything that would cause that? or just an old tire / tube?
Sometimes really old valve stems will dry rot and break off.

BTW, here is the proof that I made it to the top of the pass:

Last edited by a moderator:
went to ride the bike (to the pool) yesterday.. my rear tire valve stem was broken off (hanging there like one of my rug rats cut it with a knife) which they know they would not be able to sit down for several hours if they did that.. know anything that would cause that? or just an old tire / tube?
mine did that last year, the whole tube was just crumbles when we opened it up.

BTW, here is the proof that I made it to the top of the pass:

attachicon.gif
IMG_1399.JPG

That's only proof your bike made it to the top of the pass.

;)

you mean you don't carry one of those mini flexible camera tripod with you that you could have attached to a tree and used the timeer setting ont he camera to get yourself in the picture?!

okay so this weekend wife has to work and kids will be at G-ma's (my parents)

Is the Vail Pass (continental Divide) ride, a "normal" ride? I want to go do some high elevation trail riding? I.E. do I need one of those $5000 bikes they use at Winter park? Or will a normal mtin bike work (Trek style_)?

I got my wheel "trued" at a bike shop near work, holy shit am I in the wrong business, place was mobbed.. I did manage to leave without buying one of those bike suits that make my body look like a partially opened can of buscuits..

It is a paved trail. If you start at Copper, it is about 5.5 miles up to the summit, with a 850' elevation gain (average 3 % grade). Doable on a mountain bike, easier on a road (due to weight of the bike). Also, you start at 9700 feet, and climb to about 10,500 feet...how are your lungs? Since you will be a bachelor, and have all day, I say go for it! Then you can brag that you rode Vail Pass.

maybe the scale of this is off?

or maybe I need to find something else to do this weekend ;)

breck-vp-profile.jpg

I've done it from west Vail (16 miles one way). I used Map my Ride to get you the figures. Just take it easy...you're not in a race. Do it at your speed, and just keep on truckin'. Even though it is next to the highway, it is actually quite picturesque. I would not recommend going all the way down to Vail, unless you have a car over there to take back over. Unless you're crazy, and want to ride up both sides.

I want to do it (I need to get something checked on my car before though) thats a long way for CSB to come and pick me up if my car breaks down..

and sadly the big pile of boxes and other shit from the move hasnt budged much, I think wife wil expect some type of movement on that while she is on her feet for a 14 hour day at work?

BUt If I can get a green light on the car and leave at 6:30 AM or earlier I will do it...

Any recommendations for baskets/bags to carry an 11lb dog on a hybrid?

;)

In boulder people would use the kid haulers, but put there dogs in them (cause you know they were too good to have kids in there)

I can't help you there, YMZ...sorry. My two dogs are 85 and 35 pounds, so if they go with me on a bike ride, they are running. On another note, I captured some of the local wildlife checking me out as I rode by on the Glenwood Canyon bike path during my lunchtime ride.

Back