EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna look like Lance Armstrong no matter how far I'm riding. I like having both my testicles.

I don't want to turn this into a Lance debate, but I offer two perspectives: 1) He didn't do anything almost all the other riders did... except succeed at hiding it for a very long time, and 2) Anyone who calls themselves Juan Pelotta when checking into a hotel under an assumed name gets serious bonus points if they've had testicular cancer.

I wasn't making any commentary about Lance other than he only had 1 testicle. Personally, I don't think he did anything different than any other professional biker during those years.

He sued the pants of anyone who crossed him. That makes him a little different than the rest.

Anyone else here done weeklong rides?

Kinda off topic, but still with two wheels, my 5 year old figured out the rip stick Saturday. So between that and losing the training wheels he is a mobile son of a gun.

He sued the pants of anyone who crossed him. That makes him a little different than the rest.

I haven't yet, but it is on my to-do list. I was going to do the Bicycle Tour of Colorado (similar to Ride the Rockies) in 2008, but then the economy hit the skids, my pay was temporarily cut 20%, and I had to cancel. I want to do RTR one day, maybe once the miniBuffs are a little more self-sufficient.

I like riding centuries (the metric ones are a little easier!). It's a great vibe and the support is usually outstanding. I haven't done one in a few years, though.

I know we have quite a few cyclists here, whether serious or weekend warriors. I figured it is time to create a dedicated thread. Post anything bike related (mountain, road, recumbent, pro race talk, etc.). I am riding a 110-mile one day event mid-summer, so I have already started riding 10-20 miles at lunch, weather permitting.

Ummm..... once every other weekend or so I go out with my Golden Retriever, Molly, biking on the trails across the street, for a few mile's ride, with my 2007 Santa Cruz Heckler - does that count?

Oh, and I have a kid-seat bolted to my old POS Wal-Mart Mongoose that I alternate taking my 1yo and 3.5yo's around the neighborhood in. :)
060.JPG

Was out on what was going to be the second century of the summer, but only made it 95 miles. An uphill return route, combined with a brutal headwind made me think it wasn't worth the extra five miles. I was pleased to have made it back! Everytime the SAG wagon went by, it was packed. I waved happily and kept going.

Nice work, CSB! I took a friend on a 35-mile loop, with lots of ups and downs. He rode the MS 150 last year, so I though he'd be a better endurance cyclist than me...nope. I was hauling him up the hills. He bonked at mile 30.

I remember back in 2009 when I bonked on the first day of a multi-day ride. I learned quickly- eat and drink consistently, even if I'm not hungry/thirsty. Bonking sucks.

So I got on the bike for the first time in a while. It's not working right. 10 years ago it used to go faster easier.

My wife doesn't think it's the bike.

I got a new cassette put on the front of my bike. Now I only have 2 chain rings with the same gearing as a road bike. Hills are a little bit harder, but I can go a lot faster on flats and downhills.

Latest posts

Back