EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the rear tire is slightly warped, enough to notice..I think I can fix the gear nob changer but conisdering I paid a bill for my bike is it worth it trying to find a replacement rear tire (considering all the goofy-insanely overpriced bike shops out here) or should I just buy another similar model off cragslist?

It's pretty easy to true a rim if it's still round. Buy a spoke wrench for a few bucks and fix it yourself.
That's a good idea.

I found this site with a google search: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/fix/tiretrue.htm

I would think a local bike shop could true a rim for a helluva lot less than $150. Not saying out there they *will* but they *should*.

I just need to find a place outside of boulder. I was killing time at lunch. Places that have bikes hanging up for sale that are worth more than my car I am probably in the wrong store, but you think it would be acommong problem and they would just have rims for sale? without having to order them and deal with the car salseman asshole guy..

Creative+%2521.jpg

So can I get into cycling without having to wear those faggotty clothes they all wear?

(No offense)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can wear whatever you want. Heck, I live in a redneck town and I see guys riding by wearing carhartt. Just be warned that cotton will chafe if you ride hard/long enough.

I always wonder why so many suburbanites feel the need to look like Lance Armstrong when they're only dicking around for a mile or two...

^That's bad@$$.

RG, part of the reason we wear those "faggotty clothes" is that spandex is comfortable on long rides, and the bright colors make it easier for cars to see us. Oh yeah...GFY.

I was just giving you sh!t anyway. If your tooling around on the bikepaths with the kids, don't sweat it. If you're heading out on a longer mountain bike ride, look into some shorts that aren't spandex looking but still have the chamois (@$$ pad) and a sweat wicking t-shirt. Try looking around here: http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCategories_10053_10052_-1

I always wonder why so many suburbanites feel the need to look like Lance Armstrong when they're only dicking around for a mile or two...

I don't wanna look like Lance Armstrong no matter how far I'm riding. I like having both my testicles.

I don't wanna look like Lance Armstrong no matter how far I'm riding. I like having both my testicles.

I don't want to turn this into a Lance debate, but I offer two perspectives: 1) He didn't do anything almost all the other riders did... except succeed at hiding it for a very long time, and 2) Anyone who calls themselves Juan Pelotta when checking into a hotel under an assumed name gets serious bonus points if they've had testicular cancer.

Back