Christmas gifts /

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We dont have either a "peep hole" or a Ring (need to get one) -we dont answer the door for really anything or anybody.

The Census guy may catch me getting out of my car eventually, need to get the garage cleaned out so I can drive right past him and shut the garage door on him too ;)

Make sure you set the Pelaton up next to your 45th floor window overlooking Central Park!

Last Christmas all the woke people got angry over a rich lady getting a peloton for Christmas commercial....

Because "her husband got it for her and he was implying she needed to get fit." 

im not rich

im getting it for myself

i need to get fit

lol

The Census guy may catch me getting out of my car eventually, need to get the garage cleaned out so I can drive right past him and shut the garage door on him too ;)
Haha.  I got busted by the Census lady like a month ago...She pulled up in my drive and we couldn't get out.

This year the ability to move oxygen through your blood supply might be in fashion!

I have never been on one, maybe they are like the rower and you can set a dial to burn off (1 turkey, 2 scoops of ice cream, 3 deviled egges, etc)? - which would be totally cool - if there is a program where you take a pic of your lunch and upload it to the pelaton and then crank up some Work Bitch, ala Britney until you are back to even?

This year the ability to move oxygen through your blood supply might be in fashion!

I have never been on one, maybe they are like the rower and you can set a dial to burn off (1 turkey, 2 scoops of ice cream, 3 deviled egges, etc)? - which would be totally cool - if there is a program where you take a pic of your lunch and upload it to the pelaton and then crank up some Work Bitch, ala Britney until you are back to even?
that would be fab!

but with my new wfh plans i intend to do a long AM workout and a short post lunch workout one or both with the peloton. they have live and on demand classes and also other yoga/fitness classes apparently so we'll see

My primary workouts are on a stationary bike, so I looked into Pelotons.  I've been on bikes in gyms that have "virtual rides" where it plays a video of a scenic bike ride and adjusts the tension on the bike to match the actual terrain you're seeing.  I thought it'd be cool and interesting.  Turns out Peloton has moved to a subscription-only model, and most of crap they offer is just sweaty fit people yelling at a you in a virtual spinning class.  All I want to do is download a few different bike rides...maybe pay for them after getting a certain number of them.  I really, really, really hate that everything is now a subscription even when it doesn't need to be.

Is it sort of like the stuff at a Cycle Bar? ive done that once and just had a very fit lady yelling "stroke, stroke stroke" at me..

<insert childish meme here>

We did a ton of road biking riding last summer and it does burn some calories but man it got old after a few months- at the end of summer I didnt want to see another bike, I think it helped me lose weight but its like a 2+ hour investment to really hit that calorie burn

I think if it gets you on the bike then maybe the subscription is worth it, i pay out the nose for my gym membership but it also make me go 4-5 days a week..

What is the census person you all are talking about? Why wouldn't you just fill out the census? I did it when I got the first notice months ago... It's really not hard, and only one person per family has to do it... And I mean, it's only once every 10 years...

most of crap they offer is just sweaty fit people yelling at a you in a virtual spinning class.  All I want to do is download a few different bike rides...maybe pay for them after getting a certain number of them.  I really, really, really hate that everything is now a subscription even when it doesn't need to be.
i will look into this. i thought there was an option to choose a place and ride. if there's not, much less appealing to me. 

i will look into this. i thought there was an option to choose a place and ride. if there's not, much less appealing to me. 
There may be that option.  I honestly stopped digging after I found out that they operated on a subscription model.  

I use Zwift and a smart trainer. For what you'll pay for a Peloton bike, you could probably get a Wahoo Kickr and connect it to Zwift or Rouvy or any number of virtual riding options. Zwift has workout plans, but it also has "I just want to ride my bike around this virtual world."

ive never gone in there but the "high roller" mall near my work has a pelaton store (which is right next to the Tesla store if that tells you anything about the clientele) but I am sure you can go in and ask them, assuming they have one of those malls in every large City

What is the census person you all are talking about? Why wouldn't you just fill out the census? I did it when I got the first notice months ago... It's really not hard, and only one person per family has to do it... And I mean, it's only once every 10 years...
Trying to stay off the grid as long as possible, leg...

i guess i also dont know what you mean by staying off the grid? don't they know who you are bc they come to your house? so how is that avoiding it? not being argumentative just legit don't get it. 

Back