camping / backpacking thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a camping/backpacking thread! 

I've been around here long enough to know not to click on a link that says your sack. 
So true.   For once I was being serious. 

567aa2d2dbe80da49d393d787f3447551337474549f76115a864a2bfa0aceb9c.jpg

Does anyone have or use one of those rooftop tents you see on tops of trucks /jeeps etc?

Looked at one at a sporting goods store, really like the idea of getting off the ground, but it appears you have to take the tent down if you want to go somewhere after you get to the campsite. Just not sure how much of a PIA that is?

Looks like for 2 people its perfect, and it has a nice little mattress in it as well?

Nope... We love our regular 3 person tent.

Going camping in Yosemite this weekend! I can't wait. I haven't been there since I was a kid!

I still enjoy camping, but I am just over sleeping on the ground, I bought this two person cot that worked pretty well wen we went camping last month and a large tent (like 8 person) so we have more room, but its kind of a PIA -

We still haven't been to Yosemite but its on our list.  Were going to Glacier next summer but haven't decided if we going to rough it and camp or hotel it. 

Does anyone have or use one of those rooftop tents you see on tops of trucks /jeeps etc?

Looked at one at a sporting goods store, really like the idea of getting off the ground, but it appears you have to take the tent down if you want to go somewhere after you get to the campsite. Just not sure how much of a PIA that is?

Looks like for 2 people its perfect, and it has a nice little mattress in it as well?
I thought about it, because my friends have one, but that's the reason I haven't moved forward with it. Plus, I can just camp in the back of my SUV to be off the ground. 

I think those popup trailers are cool and you'd be able to leave it at the campsite. 

I still enjoy camping, but I am just over sleeping on the ground, I bought this two person cot that worked pretty well wen we went camping last month and a large tent (like 8 person) so we have more room, but its kind of a PIA -

We still haven't been to Yosemite but its on our list.  Were going to Glacier next summer but haven't decided if we going to rough it and camp or hotel it. 
That's why I hammock. I don't sleep on the ground

I’ll hammock camp when I backpack but it’s like barely better than a sleeping mat after a few hours...

Latest posts

Back