camping / backpacking thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stanley is cool and all but for what they charge it just ain’t worth it...

Although we didn’t stay long stayed at a really cool old hotel with a large custom pool, some decent guitar music and s’mores- felt very Route 66 like

Did some Glamping (Yurt) camping, very nice, Air Conditioned even!

We added this to our camping menu , nachos, made the beef beforehand and froze it. then used a dutch oven to get the "nacho" effect!

Very much recommend

nachos.jpg

Also - Do you think RV people are a little strange?  Every time we camp at a place that is mostly RV's it seems like we get strange visitors who want to know what we are making to eat, tell us about their RV, then there are the roaming gangs of kids on their bikes who seem to linger to close to your campsite anytime you are outside the (yurt) in this case??

Did a backpacking loop thru Wild River Wilderness for my birthday. I may have broken my partner and he might not wanna backpack with me again LOL

We also ended up sleeping on the floor on a shelter instead of sitting up our hammocks (rain). Welp I only had a top quilt with me so I slept wrapped up in my emergency bivvy too. He didn't like that. I call it payback for all of his snoring lately. 

Back