Any Update on the Results???????????

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This waiting is excruciating!! (Side Note: Right now I am feeling a mixture of all the phases and sub-phases)

What a joyful time of the year ☹️

I am back to the forum. Read few posts. Seems like I escaped a nervous Friday last week :D  And indeed an anxious week. I mostly guess the results would be out this week. Mostly on 12/7 (just my random guess). This week is going to be anxious for me :D

I had a dream that when the results were announced, NCEES announced there were limited slots available for registered PEs.  They said not enough engineers had retired and they felt there too many in the work force.  Therefore, licenses were on a "first-come, first-serve" basis.  As soon as people found out they passed there was a mad rush to apply for the license.  If you didn't get it, you had to wait until April and re-take it anyway.

I had a dream that when the results were announced, NCEES announced there were limited slots available for registered PEs.  They said not enough engineers had retired and they felt there too many in the work force.  Therefore, licenses were on a "first-come, first-serve" basis.  As soon as people found out they passed there was a mad rush to apply for the license.  If you didn't get it, you had to wait until April and re-take it anyway.
Dont be silly. 

We already know they regulate the cut score (ie. number of new engineer's) based on how the sun falls upon a dial at Stonehenge at a time determined by a D-20 roll.

I asked on the NCEES chat when can we expect results to be provided, Keisha said we only have the timeframe of 8-10weeks...no change since I asked when we hit 4 weeks from the exam. I expected the generic answer but it was too hard to resist asking again:)

Haha...I wish. The first time it was Ashlei and then this time it was Keisha..no luck in finding out anything different:) Anybody else hounding NCEES?:)

You need to "wine and dine" them.  Offer them the world!  

Its all about how you ask, and of course the delivery. 

If you come across as just an another EIT scrub off the street, your never going to get anywhere with them.    

Okay. Now I am not expecting the results to be out until Thursday. So I am signing off the forum now. Will be back here on Wednesday :p

results are being released for many states today, good luck!  post your happiness or  your failing score.  I hope I am happy this time, and all of you as well!

Got mine.  I failed.  ☹️

I can't say I'm too surprised, although I put a ton of time into this.  I did not get an overall score or %, but a % correct breakdown in each category.  I did best with 67% in Codes and Standards with mostly mid-60s in most categories.  I did poor in Circuit Analysis and Devices and Power Electronic Circuits (44 and 43 pecent) and did worst in Transmission and Distribution: Protection (31%).

I know I struggled with the protection problems even though I put a lot of time into it.

If I total all the percentages and divide by the categories I get an overall 54%.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this serious? I feel like it's not. I hope that it's not knowing you failed.

Got mine.  I failed.  ☹️

I can't say I'm too surprised, although I put a ton of time into this.  I did not get an overall score or %, but a % correct breakdown in each category.  I did best with 67% in Codes and Standards with mostly mid-60s in most categories.  I did poor in Circuit Analysis and Devices and Power Electronic Circuits (44 and 43 pecent) and did worst in Transmission and Distribution: Protection (31%).

I know I struggled with the protection problems even though I put a lot of time into it.

If I total all the percentages and divide by the categories I get an overall 54%.  
sorry to hear dude, i've enjoyed following you and your discussions.  i hope i don't have to work with you at it again, still waiting, but after failing the first time i was energized to come back.  unfortunately, if i fail again, i won't have that drive.  

and...last year it had # of questions per category and gave me the quantity correct so all i had to do was add up total right/80.  they didn't give you that?

Got mine.  I failed.  ☹️

Protection this time was wicked rough. 

I failed too and did better on protection than expected. Tanked "Devices & Power Electronic Circuits"

Back