Any Update on the Results???????????

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone sent me over to this thread from "Oct 2018 Failing Scores"

I took it in Texas. Failed in April with a 49/80 ElecPower at 69%. I passed this October with a 71% but I didn't get my raw score this time.

The biggest reason I passed this time was because of Zach's PE Review (https://www.electricalpereview.com/). I had some break-through moments in this course. Would HIGHLY recommend.

To everyone who passed congratulations. To everyone who didn't - stay the course! My biggest recommendation for resources in addition to the NEC and NCEES would be: Electric Energy an Introdcution (Sharkarwi), Power System Analysis and Design , Design Guide for Rural Substations (Free PDF online), and finally - the most valuable - Protective Relaying: Principles and Applications (Blackburn and Domin). The last one I would highly recommend reading from cover to cover.  I credit each of these towards getting me a passing grade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
 Unfortunately, only Q-Factor helped me for the 2018 October Test.  I feel like the October 2018 test had more Per Unit type of problems, more protection, and more battery problems then the other two I took.  I also feel the NEC problems were easier than the 2018 April Test.  

SNIP

Honestly, I feel like the study material I have is great and I felt great after taking the 3rd test.  I just need to figure out where I am making my mistakes.  Ill probably be adding information on protection and batteries to my binder when I retake it for the 4th time in April 2019.  I am open to other material out there if anyone has any other recommendations.  Im definitely interested in more practice tests.  From the list above I have around 7 or 8 practice tests.
UGH, batteries.

I don't currently remember which category that falls under.

But yes, I too felt very UGH about batteries and need different/more resources. 

This is how my 47/80 breaks down

still waiting for someone to post a 48/80 fail.  Please don’t let 48 be the cut score.  Lol

This is how my 47/80 breaks down

still waiting for someone to post a 48/80 fail.  Please don’t let 48 be the cut score.  Lol
I have a feeling we just barely failed. That's what most have speculated. I knew my stuff but at the same time those battery calcs and protection problems hit hard.

just a healthy reminder not to divulge too much info.  what's already been said i would've guessed is "too much"; careful.
I'd Concur.  But I didn't want to be that guy (or girl... or ze... or organic lifeform thingy?  to much PC terms to remember now!)

Back