:-(

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its texas, every house has an extra bedroom and bathroom compared to everywhere else ive lived. its not like its a mansion, sheesh! yeah hes a doctor but hes a pediatrician, ie the bottom of the pay scale.

so today i found out my car needs a $1200 repair. not at all on the same scale as above but come on! and we've been trying to sell it so technically this should be someone else's problem!!!

its texas, every house has an extra bedroom and bathroom compared to everywhere else ive lived. its not like its a mansion, sheesh! yeah hes a doctor but hes a pediatrician, ie the bottom of the pay scale.
so today i found out my car needs a $1200 repair. not at all on the same scale as above but come on! and we've been trying to sell it so technically this should be someone else's problem!!!
what's the repair - can you guys do it yourselves? $1200 is a bunch of money to put on a car you're trying to sell.

what's the repair - can you guys do it yourselves? $1200 is a bunch of money to put on a car you're trying to sell.
i can check the fluids myself and change the oil. thats it. its the cooling fans? i got someone else to go it for $800. but yeah it blows. i told the husby a long time ago to ditch this one cuz its damn expensive to fix and he said to wait. this is a damn expensive "i told you so".

i can check the fluids myself and change the oil. thats it. its the cooling fans? i got someone else to go it for $800. but yeah it blows. i told the husby a long time ago to ditch this one cuz its damn expensive to fix and he said to wait. this is a damn expensive "i told you so".
maybe he will listen next time.

i bet i get my new car though :D

i just got an email for one for $9000 under msrp. not bad... black on black though- not too appealing in dallas in summer :(

Linkey

See the section on the cooling fan not far from the top.

If you desire to learn a little - you could try it out. See if a local junkyard might have one available (you might find one where you have to goto the yard and remove it yourself...). If it's the engine cooling fan, this seems like an expensive quote for it. But, if you have to take off a LOT of stuff to get the fan out... then it could get expensive and difficult.

I don't know if I'd do the "I told you so routine". You guys have had enough on your plate - hope you can knock this challenge down and get through this rough patch. There will be better days.

i fly back to dsm tomorrow to see my grandfather so hopefully my car is done in time to get to the airport. what a PITA... and im missing my boss's memorial service bc im there. grrr. :(

i fly back to dsm tomorrow to see my grandfather so hopefully my car is done in time to get to the airport. what a PITA... and im missing my boss's memorial service bc im there. grrr. :(
Seeing your grandfather before the end will stick with you a long time. I visited my grandfather over the 2nd weekend in June (the 13-14th I think). He passed away on the 6th of July. Great memories.

i just got back- my moms incredibly slow computer kept me from being in touch. im glad i went but its sad to see him like that too. thanks for all your thoughts.

I was always glad I saw loved ones before they died, even if they didn't look healthy. You must be exhausted.

yeah so that $1000 i spent on my car didnt fix my car. it died again yesterday as i was driving downtown. i called up my husband and screamed at him for not driving it around when he picked it up, called my friend and yelled at her because i knew she wouldnt mind, kept driving because i was late for a meeting, starting crying because there was nothing i could do about it, realized that was just stupid and stopped, and then got made cuz i got so mad at a stupid car that it made me cry.

after the meeting i had to obviously driving the pos home, but seriously considered driving it into a bridge, as the deductible is probably lower than the repair bill will be, and i have an excellent array of airbags in the car. being that its a fancy german car, all i have to do is $5k worth of damage, i wouldnt barely have to have it hit. but then i realized that insurance bill would haunt me for a while and swerving in front of luxury suvs all the way home with a broken car wouldnt probably make the drive any better so i just drove it like a normal person.

yeah so that $1000 i spent on my car didnt fix my car. it died again yesterday as i was driving downtown. i called up my husband and screamed at him for not driving it around when he picked it up, called my friend and yelled at her because i knew she wouldnt mind, kept driving because i was late for a meeting, starting crying because there was nothing i could do about it, realized that was just stupid and stopped, and then got made cuz i got so mad at a stupid car that it made me cry.
after the meeting i had to obviously driving the pos home, but seriously considered driving it into a bridge, as the deductible is probably lower than the repair bill will be, and i have an excellent array of airbags in the car. being that its a fancy german car, all i have to do is $5k worth of damage, i wouldnt barely have to have it hit. but then i realized that insurance bill would haunt me for a while and swerving in front of luxury suvs all the way home with a broken car wouldnt probably make the drive any better so i just drove it like a normal person.
The bright side is that the repair is probably under warranty. Take it back to wherever you had it fixed and they should also give you a courtesy car. I can't believe that a fancy European car is breaking down. That should never happen.

its not because that wasnt actually the problem. i let the dealer have it this morning and will be revoking his payment via the credit card's fraud department. (a-hole). he said "well my tech said thats what the problem was so we would have fixed it and then realized there was another problem and called to say you needed to fix that problem too." oh and then fixed that and found another problem until you have replaced everything on my car? so who knows whats actually broken. sounds like this jackoff doesnt.

its not because that wasnt actually the problem. i let the dealer have it this morning and will be revoking his payment via the credit card's fraud department. (a-hole). he said "well my tech said thats what the problem was so we would have fixed it and then realized there was another problem and called to say you needed to fix that problem too." oh and then fixed that and found another problem until you have replaced everything on my car? so who knows whats actually broken. sounds like this jackoff doesnt.
If it makes you feel any better I just had to pay $700 b/c my car keys wouldn't make my car start anymore. How's that for a f**ked up repair? At least it sounds like your car still runs, that's a plus.

I really hate it when people say to me "This too shall pass", because sometimes I kind of like being pissed off and griping about stuff. Sometimes it feels better to be pissed off. ^@*%$ that @*&$ P.O.S. car of yours! Kick that &@^$% thing!

I do have a new one that I like:

"When the Lord closes one door, He always opens another, ...just sometimes the hallway in between can be pretty messy."

it runs but i have to shut it off at every light so it doesnt over heat. just got the bill. another $1100. sweet. good news is it includes the replacement of a belt that i was hoping to pawn off on the sucker who bought my car. sh*t. ive been emailing dealers all day trying to find a new car. although after all this itll probably run for another 2 years!

I really hate it when people say to me "This too shall pass", because sometimes I kind of like being pissed off and griping about stuff. Sometimes it feels better to be pissed off. ^@*%$ that @*&$ P.O.S. car of yours! Kick that &@^$% thing!
I do have a new one that I like:

"When the Lord closes one door, He always opens another, ...just sometimes the hallway in between can be pretty messy."
This too shall pass.

Sorry, but you asked for it.

Back