:-(

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1. I got rejected from business school. Not that big of a deal but I was hoping to use that on the resume to boost my chances. Kind of a big blow. Now I feel like I'm not going to be employed til sometime next year. At least.

2. The next day I found out my grandfather has lung cancer and 4 weeks to live. Didn't take this well as I was hung over from #1.

3. Found out today that my first boss out of college was killed yesterday in a car accident.

I really feel like this has to be the end of it, but then I thought that the whole two in 24 hours was good enough also. I'd get drunk now but the husby discourages it and he's sitting on the couch watching me to make sure I'm okay. In his underwear so I don't think he's leaving anytime soon... :-/

Good grief. This has got to be it for your unlucky streak. My condolences on your grandpa.

Last edited by a moderator:
squishles,

There's lots of bad news going around. I think hearing other bad news added to your own just tends to amplify how bad things are feeling for you now. Just keep hope that things will turn around for work/continuing education. Also, you are married to a really great guy, so that helps take some of the edge off. :)

Best wishes!! I will have a drink for you when I get home. :D

JR

That's a lot to deal with in a short time. I probably would also be tempted to have a drink, but getting drunk will probably just prolong the hurt. So sorry for the news on your grandfather and your former boss. Hang in there. You'll get through.

Sorry to hear that Squishles. Just like the waves in the ocean, life goes up and down, but keeps on going. Just hang on tight, you can weather the storm.

good news is the husby is asleep so i got my vodka finally.

thank you all. its good to know how supportive you all are. im fairly certain i know what happened to my boss now and its a tragedy for sure. it just sucks to be dumped on all at once but i appreciate you all letting me unload. might find me in the drunk tank a few times this week. hopefully i wont break anything expensive. :)

thanks but the drunk tank is not what ill be abusing tonight.

i understand your point. point taken, and i have a very concerned significant other trying to keep an eye on me. unfortunately for him he worked all of last night and hes asleep so hes behind on the game but hes going to have to give me a break and i also am going to have to keep it under control. itd be very easy right now to go too far but luckily hes a pain in the butt when i come home loaded and i like to avoid that. :)

ill behave, mostly. at least i wont puke in three of our four bathrooms like i did last month :blink: <did not end well (for the whole story, youll have to meet me in the drunk tank some night. classic squishy moves)

1. I got rejected from business school. Not that big of a deal but I was hoping to use that on the resume to boost my chances. Kind of a big blow. Now I feel like I'm not going to be employed til sometime next year. At least.
2. The next day I found out my grandfather has lung cancer and 4 weeks to live. Didn't take this well as I was hung over from #1.

3. Found out today that my first boss out of college was killed yesterday in a car accident.

I really feel like this has to be the end of it, but then I thought that the whole two in 24 hours was good enough also. I'd get drunk now but the husby discourages it and he's sitting on the couch watching me to make sure I'm okay. In his underwear so I don't think he's leaving anytime soon... :-/
1. Which business school? You should try Oklahoma State's online MBA, and/or the www.MSETM.com program. They let me in both. You can actually take 9 hours before applyin too. They let me in, so you should be fairly easy to let in.

2. Sorry to hear about that.

3. Sorry to hear about that too.

4. Sending prayers your way for 1, 2, and 3 plus anything else.

Geez, squishles - that all really sucks.

I'm with Mary, though - drinking is for fun times. I'd stay away from the drinking during bad times. Not a good combo at all.

I'm just saying I care, is all - watch out for yourself.

I'm with Mary, though - drinking is for fun times. I'd stay away from the drinking during bad times. Not a good combo at all.
I think folks too often forget alcohol is a depressent. Almost never a good combination with other depressors (like the shit sandwiches that life sends our way... all you can do is chew and swallow while continuing to smile).

Things are already on the upside Squishles, you're one post away from your very own 1K!

man, sorry to hear all that, squish. really sorry about your granddad. Hope things look a wee bit better this morning.

Back