CA Seismic Q1 2020 Authorization - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

CA Seismic Q1 2020 Authorization

On 12/5/2019 at 5:48 AM, StruEng said:

I was approved on 10/17 but I haven't received the email telling me how/when to sign up for the exam. That's supposed to be coming this month per the email snip below.

image.thumb.png.74488fa7345ee75447deddd9a19c4c1d.png

Do I see a reference to spam?

Okay, I apologize for the useless plug... But I had to!

14 hours ago, ThePEmaster said:

I sent my reexamination form today will I be approved for Q1? It’s when the check is cashed right when your approved for the following Q? Usually a few days later they cash my check 

you should be approved for Q1.  there is enough time between now and the end of this quarter for them to receive the form.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Engineer48 said:

App received -10/7

Check deposited - 10/15

60 days 12/6 and no response

I tried contacting board via email and phone and still no response.

Dang that's weird! My app was received on 10/18, check deposited on 10/24, technical review email on 11/22. Nothing since that though. 

3 hours ago, mmurph50 said:

Dang that's weird! My app was received on 10/18, check deposited on 10/24, technical review email on 11/22. Nothing since that though. 

Yeah, I’m really frustrated that I’m not getting any replies to my emails or my voicemail, especially seeing a few people here submitted around the same time and got responses.
Which Evaluator did you fall under? For me, it’s Evaluator 1. Just wondering if it is a quicker turnaround if you had a different evaluator?

Edited by Engineer48
12 minutes ago, Engineer48 said:

Yeah, I’m really frustrated that I’m not getting any replies to my emails or my voicemail, especially seeing a few people here submitted around the same time and got responses.
Which Evaluator did you fall under? For me, it’s Evaluator 1. Just wondering if it is a quicker turnaround if you had a different evaluator?

How do I tell which evaluator? The technical review email I got was from a @dca.ca.gov - maybe try searching that? I didn't see mine at first 

1 minute ago, mmurph50 said:

How do I tell which evaluator? The technical review email I got was from a @dca.ca.gov - maybe try searching that? I didn't see mine at first 

It’s by the first letter of your last name. 
A-G is Evaluator 1, H-O is Evaluator 2 and P-Z is Evaluator 3. 
  https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/applying_for_ce.shtml

Just got my ATT for survey an hour ago. I am part of A-G.

I'm having difficulty with the Prometric website... I can't go to the BPELSG page to schedule my exam. I remember being able to see it/schedule it soon after I got the e-mails last time.

Anyone remember how long it takes to be able to schedule after getting ATT?

10 minutes ago, RhoYourBoat said:

Just got my ATT for survey an hour ago. I am part of A-G.

I'm having difficulty with the Prometric website... I can't go to the BPELSG page to schedule my exam. I remember being able to see it/schedule it soon after I got the e-mails last time.

Anyone remember how long it takes to be able to schedule after getting ATT?

I think there should be a separate email that comes from Prometric for scheduling the test.

When was your application received/check cashed/technical review email?

4 minutes ago, mmurph50 said:

I think there should be a separate email that comes from Prometric for scheduling the test.

When was your application received/check cashed/technical review email?

So I looked back through and saw that last time I signed up I got the ATT (same kind of email that had PDF attached with Prometric link to sign up) and scheduled the exam within the same hour LOL.

I got my approval email 1 week ago (12/11) and my ATT (Prometric) today. So weird that the link doesn't work for me!

https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/BPELSG

^ does this page load for anyone else?

4 minutes ago, RhoYourBoat said:

So I looked back through and saw that last time I signed up I got the ATT (same kind of email that had PDF attached with Prometric link to sign up) and scheduled the exam within the same hour LOL.

I got my approval email 1 week ago (12/11) and my ATT (Prometric) today. So weird that the link doesn't work for me!

https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/BPELSG

^ does this page load for anyone else?

Got my ATT for Seismic (A-G) about an hour ago as well.  Haven't received the ATT for Surveying yet...

Having the same issue as you Rho.  I'm assuming it will be working in 24 hours.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, deezol said:

Got my ATT for Seismic (A-G) about an hour ago as well.  Haven't received the ATT for Surveying yet...

Having the same issue as you Rho.  I'm assuming it will be working in 24 hours.

You were right, it's working now. Although the new web page is really weird.

Scheduled my survey exam for next quarter. Woo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mailed the application on 9/11

They cashed my application check on 9/20

Did not get exam approval until 11/1

I was hoping to make it before the Q4 2019 cutoff. Now studying with the new CBC and ASCE 7-16 :(