CA Seismic Q1 2020 Authorization

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmurph50

Reaction score
Has anyone been approved to sit for the seismic exam in Q1 2020? If so, when did you submit your application and when did you receive the approval?

I was approved on 10/17 but I haven't received the email telling me how/when to sign up for the exam. That's supposed to be coming this month per the email snip below.

image.png

11/1 - Application Sent

11/5 - Application Recieved

11/8 - Check Deposited

12/11 - Referred to Technical Review

Hoping to get approved by end of month for Q1 2020  :bowdown:

I sent my reexamination form today will I be approved for Q1? It’s when the check is cashed right when your approved for the following Q? Usually a few days later they cash my check 

I sent my reexamination form today will I be approved for Q1? It’s when the check is cashed right when your approved for the following Q? Usually a few days later they cash my check 
you should be approved for Q1.  there is enough time between now and the end of this quarter for them to receive the form.

App received -10/7

Check deposited - 10/15

60 days 12/6 and no response

I tried contacting board via email and phone and still no response.

App received -10/7

Check deposited - 10/15

60 days 12/6 and no response

I tried contacting board via email and phone and still no response.
Dang that's weird! My app was received on 10/18, check deposited on 10/24, technical review email on 11/22. Nothing since that though. 

Dang that's weird! My app was received on 10/18, check deposited on 10/24, technical review email on 11/22. Nothing since that though. 
Yeah, I’m really frustrated that I’m not getting any replies to my emails or my voicemail, especially seeing a few people here submitted around the same time and got responses.
Which Evaluator did you fall under? For me, it’s Evaluator 1. Just wondering if it is a quicker turnaround if you had a different evaluator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I’m really frustrated that I’m not getting any replies to my emails or my voicemail, especially seeing a few people here submitted around the same time and got responses.
Which Evaluator did you fall under? For me, it’s Evaluator 1. Just wondering if it is a quicker turnaround if you had a different evaluator?
How do I tell which evaluator? The technical review email I got was from a @dca.ca.gov - maybe try searching that? I didn't see mine at first 

Just got my ATT for survey an hour ago. I am part of A-G.

I'm having difficulty with the Prometric website... I can't go to the BPELSG page to schedule my exam. I remember being able to see it/schedule it soon after I got the e-mails last time.

Anyone remember how long it takes to be able to schedule after getting ATT?

Just got my ATT for survey an hour ago. I am part of A-G.

I'm having difficulty with the Prometric website... I can't go to the BPELSG page to schedule my exam. I remember being able to see it/schedule it soon after I got the e-mails last time.

Anyone remember how long it takes to be able to schedule after getting ATT?
I think there should be a separate email that comes from Prometric for scheduling the test.

When was your application received/check cashed/technical review email?

I think there should be a separate email that comes from Prometric for scheduling the test.

When was your application received/check cashed/technical review email?
So I looked back through and saw that last time I signed up I got the ATT (same kind of email that had PDF attached with Prometric link to sign up) and scheduled the exam within the same hour LOL.

I got my approval email 1 week ago (12/11) and my ATT (Prometric) today. So weird that the link doesn't work for me!

https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/BPELSG

^ does this page load for anyone else?

So I looked back through and saw that last time I signed up I got the ATT (same kind of email that had PDF attached with Prometric link to sign up) and scheduled the exam within the same hour LOL.

I got my approval email 1 week ago (12/11) and my ATT (Prometric) today. So weird that the link doesn't work for me!

https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/BPELSG

^ does this page load for anyone else?
Got my ATT for Seismic (A-G) about an hour ago as well.  Haven't received the ATT for Surveying yet...

Having the same issue as you Rho.  I'm assuming it will be working in 24 hours.

Got my ATT for Seismic (A-G) about an hour ago as well.  Haven't received the ATT for Surveying yet...

Having the same issue as you Rho.  I'm assuming it will be working in 24 hours.
You were right, it's working now. Although the new web page is really weird.

Scheduled my survey exam for next quarter. Woo!

Back