Would you redo becoming an engineer?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is absolutely correct.  The rules are simple actually.  Your spelling, grammar, diction, punctuation, and use of verbs, adverbs, nouns, pronouns, proper nouns, adjectives, and past-participles should be 100% correct 100% of the time in thread titles and at least 95% correct 90% of the time in the body of a post.  Some additional forgiveness is allotted for those with English as a second language (but not much).  Punishment for breaking these rules can range anywhere from light razzing to full blown tormenting.    

I could go on 'alot' more but that is a whole 'nother' story which 'supposebly' should be saved for another time.    ;)  
Yeah, but have you ever been threatened with a ban for correcting RG's word usage?

d8a82d6914f0a54831a187cc2cae47fe.jpg

Yeah, but have you ever been threatened with a ban for correcting RG's word usage?
I've tried several times to point out areas of recommended improvement such as consistent formatting and naming of the forums.  He either ignores me or goes out of his way to make it more inconsistent.  Arrggghhh.  :S  No ban threat yet though.  

I would have chosen mechanical since it has many applications in all industries... versus Electrical which is too broad to apply any of your skills broadly toward any industry... too specialized.. Mechanical atleast you can become pro at CAD then take that anywhere from product development within any industry to civil engineering. Solid base. Solid. 

I would have chosen mechanical since it has many applications in all industries... versus Electrical which is too broad to apply any of your skills broadly toward any industry... too specialized.. Mechanical atleast you can become pro at CAD then take that anywhere from product development within any industry to civil engineering. Solid base. Solid. 
Disagree. This really depends on what facet of electrical engineering you choose to focus on. My background and education focuses on power engineering. Anything from low voltage to high voltage (500kV). I use CAD electrical on a daily basis to analyze, create, and modify single line diagrams and switchgear layouts. It's also used to create electrical panel layouts. 

Disagree. This really depends on what facet of electrical engineering you choose to focus on. My background and education focuses on power engineering. Anything from low voltage to high voltage (500kV). I use CAD electrical on a daily basis to analyze, create, and modify single line diagrams and switchgear layouts. It's also used to create electrical panel layouts. 
Just curious if you hire EIT's often and how many per year? Good to get an idea what the typical quota is per company. Thanks

Just curious if you hire EIT's often and how many per year? Good to get an idea what the typical quota is per company. Thanks
Engineers are not classified by that in most of private industry with the exception of the consulting world. If the position is entry level or 1-3 yrs experience, typically these are newer graduates would could be considered EITs but hold the title of engineer no less. For large companies in manufacturing and product development, having a PE typically doesn't have much bearing with the employer. 

Engineers are not classified by that in most of private industry with the exception of the consulting world. If the position is entry level or 1-3 yrs experience, typically these are newer graduates would could be considered EITs but hold the title of engineer no less. For large companies in manufacturing and product development, having a PE typically doesn't have much bearing with the employer. 
Agree. I'm in manufacturing and, while management definitely encourages us to get it, rarely are stamped drawings required. It's more of a warm fuzzy when bidding on projects or making a report look nice. However, when I was in the natural gas biz it was different. PEs of all disciplines were highly valued but not strictly required (since the drawings were stamped by the chief).

Back