World Cup.. Y A W N.... and Im asleep...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Dwayne Wade was fined for that flop. Getting the foul still didn't help as they got blown out for 3 straight games.

I hate flopping in soccer. They really need to stop calling fouls on flops.

I made a point to watch a World Cup game once. Figured if this is the ultimate stage of the "biggest sport in the world" then I should give it a chance. So I watch and watch and watch and there are a few shots but no score. Finally at the end, there was a questionable penalty call and the guy got a penalty kick that I could have made. That was it, a 1-0 final and an afternoon wasted.

My first and last soccer game

Ghana eliminated the US from the last two World Cups, so yeah, they're pretty good.

Even if you don't like soccer, that was a pretty exciting game. There was a goal in the first 30 seconds, and 2 more in the second half. You had a guy get kicked in the face (broke his nose), a yellow card, a couple of real injuries (not just flops). If you didn't find that game exciting, soccer really isn't for you.

what is a red card? the refs decide you get suspended for a game instead of a higher power making that determination

A red card is issued for egregious stupidity (see Pepe's red card for head-butting a German player after an elbow yesterday), or for accumulating two yellow cards in a single game.

Ghana was supposed to beat USA . It was clear who were the better athletes and players. Physically and technically Ghana was way superior. To be fair, the game should have ended like 4-2 in favor of Ghana. They had the USA team on their heels and running back to their arch. For some weird reason they missed shot after shot and I say weird because more than twice they had a clear shot and just kicked the ball over the goal. USA goal keeper is a tall guy, they had to kick low because it has been proven that nothing goes over him. They only goal they they scored was a low one.

The USA guys took advantage of the very few chances they had but that will not work against Germany or even Portugal. Without being an expert I think they are in deep doo doo. Should have send the girls. Now we are talking about a good team.

Is still like to see Ghana or germany/spain/etc suit up against the worst NFL team though... That would be fun to watch...

The expression suit up as it relates to football means to put on your shoulder pads helmet etc.........

The expression suit up as it relates to football means to put on your shoulder pads helmet etc.........
I think most people in the world would think wearing a helmet to play football would be a bit silly. :p

A red card is issued for egregious stupidity (see Pepe's red card for head-butting a German player after an elbow yesterday), or for accumulating two yellow cards in a single game.

I used to ref kids soccer for the city a few states ago, I "red carded" a coach once.... when I said kids, I mean 5 to 10 year age groups... that one was a half field so it must have been a 5 yo game and the coach was dropping f-bombs on the field in the face of the kids of his own team when they made mistakes.

Back