Winter Park or bust

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodal

Reaction score
My wife and i decided to go skiing for our 10th aniversary a few years ago.

This may be an afternoon activity for those in Colorado or Vermont, but for us West KY bound engineers it involves alot of time and money to get to some real mountains. another problem is that we were married in June. So we had to postpone our anniversary trip until winter. We decided on Winter Park, Co and are headed out monday for a week of skiing. Is there anything i should not miss while there? how about if we took a trip into Denver one night? anything cool to do this time of year?

My wife and i decided to go skiing for our 10th aniversary a few years ago.
This may be an afternoon activity for those in Colorado or Vermont, but for us West KY bound engineers it involves alot of time and money to get to some real mountains. another problem is that we were married in June. So we had to postpone our anniversary trip until winter. We decided on Winter Park, Co and are headed out monday for a week of skiing. Is there anything i should not miss while there? how about if we took a trip into Denver one night? anything cool to do this time of year?
Took my family to Winter Park about this time last year. Awesome Awesome Awesome skiing!! Winter Park is especially known for mogul skiing. We really had a blast there.

Make sure you get some snowmobile riding in. There are a few companies out there that rent them out. I also recommend you take a day and go out to Colorado Springs (Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods, etc.)

On your way through Denver, hit the Coors Brewery tour. You get to taste the freshest beer and you get three free beers at the end.

Devil's Thumb ranch is an awesome cross-country skiing resort. Or at least, it used to be back in the day I lived in CO. It's very close to Winter Park. Very different than the hustle and bustle of the big-time downhill resorts - very relaxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
On your way through Denver, hit the Coors Brewery tour. You get to taste the freshest beer and you get three free beers at the end.
my parents took us to the Coors Brewery when we went to Colorado years ago. Cool place to visit.

Take the bust.

Fresh crappy beer is still beer :beerchug: .
fixed that for you

busts and beer. now we're talking.

PS Badal. congrats to you and the missus on your anniversary. Hope you have a great time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to college just down the road. My friends and I would go to "Coors lab" fairly regularly when we had a break between classes. You can go straight back to the sampling room without doing the rest of the tour. Good times.

Went to college just down the road. My friends and I would go to "Coors lab" fairly regularly when we had a break between classes. You can go straight back to the sampling room without doing the rest of the tour. Good times.
Ahh yes, Coors Lab...I couldn't have gotten through Machine Design without it.

If you're a beer fan, there are plenty of microbreweries around as well, and you don't have to be a beer snob to enjoy them. Try Golden City Brewery (the second largest brewery in Golden!), Grand Lake Brewing in Grand Lake, Tommyknocker Brewery in Idaho Springs or Del Norte Brewing in Denver (if you're into Mexican style beers.)

Enjoy your visit!

Thanks for the suggestions. We skiied for 3 Days and loved it

Hope to go back soon

Back