Ski Season 2014/2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would something like this be good for skiing? Looking for something that would be good for outdoor winter activities such as skiing, ice climbing yet could also be worn on a daily basis (for when I visit MI over the holidays).

http://www.columbia.com/womens-alpine-action-jacket-1562241.html?cgid=women-jacketsVests-insulated&dwvar_1562241_variationColor=676#pg=2&start=12
I have something simlar that has served me well... I couldn't tell from a quick glance at that link but mine has two parts and the outershell can be used as rain gear during the summer, the inner shell is great for the fall and then combined they make the winter coat. I used to wear it snowmobiling and was fun but it was a bit warm for snowshoeing until we got into the negative temps... It's also held true to the test of time since I got mine in the winter of 1999.

I'm the cold weather newbie here, but it looks good to me, I have a Columbia ski jacket I use that has held up well. I also have Columbia ski pants as well...

Wife bought a north face ski jacket at REI last year that almost every zipper broke on it during the season, I should take it back but I have just been too lazy / busy

So Northface has a lifetime guarantee on their products. There's a form on their website you can print off and mail in with the coat. They should replace it for free, you just have to pay the cost to ship the jacket to them. I'm on my 2nd replacement jacket from them. That being said, I think it's time to give someone else a try. The coat I have is a soft shell. It's water and wind proof, but I don't think its warm enough to spend an extended amount of time outside.

The local ski club is having a ski swap/sniagrab type sale this weekend. I'm gonna head over and see what sort of deals there are. Daddy needs a new helmet/ski pants/skis!

ski passes bought this weekend.. anyone need any cad work done I can do Part time? lawns mowed? ouch! my older two each "aged" up this year into the older teen bracket.. If I had known that I would have lied about their age last year by a few years!!!!

7a83df980731bf322b88ec4dde5acb68.jpg

Soon.......(pic was taken today) .....

2e4c2ae942ad5bf05466ac0724676a94.jpg

Defin a unique place to live...... Sucks for us 40 hour week folks though....

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure. It was only in the mid 50's this morning!

I had the heat on this past weekend, but the air conditioner on last night. This climate change stuff sucks.

I do plan on going snowboarding/skiing over Thanksgiving though.

This was me and my friend Alex. He happened to have a GoPro. Don't ask about the music...I had no part in that....

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDA_eeyLBc

Looked at ski gloves at the ski supply store in Opry Mills. Dang! I think I will stick with my Walmart brand for now.

krak - we have mostly Columbia stuff and it works well. It has actually held up better than our few north face items..

& goodall I have a pair of target ski gloves that have worked excellent in -10 degree windy as hell Colorado weather..

ski'd 4 days so far this year. actually over turkey day I ran into a girl I went to HS with that works at Winter Park, she moved there in 96 after she graduated college. she runs their rental shop or something.. sounds like she has a good life!

Back