Whatcha Reading?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys. I finally signed up for my Indianapolis library card. I have been using my NY/Long Island card on Libby to read stuff, but the Indy card...HOMG. It lets me check out so many more books/do so many more holds!!! NY library=7 check out/5 holds. Indy library = 20 check out/10 hold! AND THEY HAVE THE CHEESY ROMANCE NOVEL I WANTED TO READ ON FILE.

Guys. I finally signed up for my Indianapolis library card. I have been using my NY/Long Island card on Libby to read stuff, but the Indy card...HOMG. It lets me check out so many more books/do so many more holds!!! NY library=7 check out/5 holds. Indy library = 20 check out/10 hold! AND THEY HAVE THE CHEESY ROMANCE NOVEL I WANTED TO READ ON FILE.
I haven't bought a book in years. I always read library books. I've always had a long commute, so I would just check out audio books on CD up until a few years ago. Now with the "Libby" app linked directly to our library, I can simply "check out" audio files without actually having to go to the library.

I'm currently reading #22 in the Jack Reacher series from Lee Child. They're fun to read. I'm pretty sure I've read everything up to #22.

"Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch was a pretty good psycho-thriller/science fiction story, which may have been mentioned on here before.

On topic: I am currently reading more Julia Quinn, because cheesy romance novels are amazing, and The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
I highly suggest the Brown Sisters novels by Talia Hibbert, they are VERY fun and sweet and good.
oh and both of Casey McQuiston's books ("Red, White, and Royal Blue" and "One Last Stop")

I'm currently reading:
The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (Edmund Morris)
How to Day Trade for a Living (Andrew Aziz)
The Book on Rental Property Investing (Brandon Turner)
The Basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains (Antony Lewis)
Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain (Andreas Antonopoulos)
Savings Our Sons: A new Path for Raising Healthy and Resilient Boys (Dr. Michael Gurian)
The Armed Forces Officer: Essays on Leadership, Command, Oath, and Service Identity (Albert Pierce)
The Art of War
The Complete Tales and Poems of Egar Allan Poe

I'm currently reading (on audio) A Song of Fire and Ice, Game of Thrones (first book in the series). The audiobook is 34 hours long. I have 9 hours left to go. So far the film series did an excellent job following the storyline, from what I recall.

I'm currently reading (on audio) A Song of Fire and Ice, Game of Thrones (first book in the series). The audiobook is 34 hours long. I have 9 hours left to go. So far the film series did an excellent job following the storyline, from what I recall.
still waiting for the last book, then I will watch the series

I’m currently reading ‘Maybe You Should Talk to Someone’, as I’m a bit behind in my book club. It’s an entertaining read so far.

I'm currently reading "Hour of the Witch" and omg. My poor delicate heart. I'm not finished, but I-I am literally getting anxiety on how this book is going to end. I had an idea of what was going to happen in the first half, which didn't happen the way I thought, and I know this isn't going to end well and my chest is so tight with what is going to happen. Not supernatural at all and I'm digging it!

Just finished "Game of Thrones" audiobook. Getting ready to start "Clash of Kings", but in between waiting for Clash of Kings to be available from the library, I read "The History of the Bible - The Making of the New Testament Canon" by Bart Ehrman. I found it fascinating. I love his books.

I’m currently reading Maybe You Should Talk to Someone. I am definitely enjoying it! Next up will be This Is How You Lose the Time War.

I'm listening to, not reading but OMG. I'm only about 30 minutes in and I have already laughed to the point of tears. Mel Brooks Autobiography All about Me.

He does the narration himself for the book. I don't think reading the book would be the same experience as listening to him tell his own story.

I recently finished “The Downstairs Girl” by Stacey Lee. I liked it a lot!

Also, it took me forever to start using it, but Libby is amazing!

Back