Whatcha Reading?

Help Support Engineer Boards:

beccabun PE

Sneaky mofo
EB Supporter
Reaction score
YAAAAAAS.

So twisty and good!

I just finished The Perfect Nanny which was super screwed up, and I'm starting Final Girls tonight.
Ohhh I read The Perfect Nanny a year or two ago, VERY weird. Final Girls is one of my faves!

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Staff member
Reaction score
The other day, I finished "Mexican Gothic", which was my book club's pick. I cannot say I liked it very much... It was SO WEIRD, and uncomfortable. Apparently it was described as horror fiction, and no one realized it when it was suggested (including the person who suggested it). Well, I guess I'm not a fan of horror fiction!

MadamPirate PE

Murder. Just Murder.
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Uh, that was pretty heavily advertised as horror! I find that it's hard for me to get into a book when I was promised one thing and get another - for example, Where The Crawdads Sing. I was promised courtroom drama. It started out as a Barbara Kingsolver book, and the courtroom drama was meh. I DNFed it.

Ble_PE

I need a beer.
Reaction score
I've been reading Seveneves by Neil Stephenson. I'm about halfway through and it's been great so far. I'll probably pick up another book by Stephenson after I finish this one. I can't read as much as I'd like so it takes a lot longer to get through these books than it used to.

LyceeFruit PE

Woodchipped Voice of Reason
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Finished Witches of Eileanan. Started The Pool of Two Moons (book 2, 55 pages in). Still reading Dark Sacred Night - half way thru. So closing in on 900 pages read for the month. Not terrible!

Last edited:

MadamPirate PE

Murder. Just Murder.
EB Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how many pages I read in January, but I ended up reading 10 books. Not too shabby.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
I had been binge reading random books on my kindle earlier in 2020, but towards the end of the year switch to binge watching netflix. Need to switch back to the binge reading.

JayKay PE

Lower Intestine Aficionado
EB Supporter
Reaction score
A minimum of 3 hours from a landlocked body of wat
I'm just re-reading all the Bridgerton novels. I also finished Radium Girls. Starting 'Make the Bread, Buy the Butter', which is a good way of seeing if it's worth it to make something at home vs. buying it. There are also a lot of recipes throughout that I think I am going to finish reading and then might copy+paste into a word document if they interest me (like little things/food I never thought to try and make at home, or variations on a recipe I've made but better sounding).

MadamPirate PE

Murder. Just Murder.
EB Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just re-reading all the Bridgerton novels. I also finished Radium Girls. Starting 'Make the Bread, Buy the Butter', which is a good way of seeing if it's worth it to make something at home vs. buying it. There are also a lot of recipes throughout that I think I am going to finish reading and then might copy+paste into a word document if they interest me (like little things/food I never thought to try and make at home, or variations on a recipe I've made but better sounding).
I read the first Bridgerton novel last week, and Radium Girls is on my TBR for this year.

beccabun PE

Sneaky mofo
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Who has some good rec's? especially by women authors and/or psychological thriller?

txjennah PE

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Who has some good rec's? especially by women authors and/or psychological thriller?
I'm reading a book of short stores called "Things We Lost in the Fire" by Mariana Enriquez. She's an Argentinian author and all of the stories take place in Buenos Aires. The stories all have a creepy vibe to them - I'm really enjoying it so far!

txjennah PE

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Radium Girls has been on my shelf for awhile but can't get myself to read it yet. I just finished a book about pandemics (why did I decide to read a book about pandemics during a pandemic?) so I'm taking a break from heavier stuff :)

Latest posts