Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOTT was recently re-released as a "remastered" version, FYI...

Really! Imma have to look it up! I know monkey island was redone and released on Xbox, maybe other systems?

Been trying out Resident Evil / Bio-hazard 6.  Good graphics, but the overall game play is just a series of decision-making where they then cut away to action cinematics where you don't have any control over the character you are playing.

Today in geek history, Nintendo 64 turns 20!  Feel old yet?  I still recall some of the 4-player Goldeneye madness sessions we used to hold in the dorms on a 20" CRT (split FOUR ways).  Some similar sessions with Mario Kart 64 too.  Good times...

giphy.gif
Well, I'm apparently quite a bit older  than you, but I do remember some very competitive Goldeneye sessions on a friend's N64.  I was jealous and got it for my PS2 (Goldeneye itself was NOT 20 years ago!), and remember completely smoking my nephew at it time after time after time.... until he wanted to beat me up (thank God he was only 11 or whatever).

My wife was drivign me nuts last night, watching TV in bed after I wanted to sleep, and she was watching Die Hard 2.  I suddenly had a very intense flashback to the PS1 Die Hard game, which I seem to recall was 3 games in one, and a soundtrack that I can now not get out of my head.  The Die Hard 1 game was a third person perspective shooter, where you controlled a little John McClain working your way up 25 or so floors of the building.  It was one of those games where you could just park yourself in a corner and pile up terrorist bodies as they all stupidly walked through the door. This part had the repetitive music that I flashed back to. The Die Hard 2 part of the game, which was the game play that I flashed back to, was a target shooting game, mowing down hundreds of terrorists and innocent people, and tearing apart an entire airport.  I can't remember what the Die Hard 3 part of the game was, maybe a driving game?

Just bought Elite: Dangerous off Steam. Highly customized space exploration MMORPG. Why yes, I'll take a look at Cygnus X-3 in 4K resolution. :D

Played through Watch Dogs.  Not bad, not great.  Definitely not as good as GTA.  Some of the hacking kills were pretty good, but very repetitive in nature and got old fast.  

Metal Gear V - I have no clue what the hell is going on.  And once you get a few missions deep, it goes into "this is f'ing impossible" mode in short order.  I will probably get Mafia III when it comes out and not touch Metal Gear V again once it does...

^^I quickly got bored of Watch Dogs.  It was ok but it just didn't hold my interest.

I recently finished Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D Land.  I was thinking of getting back into Oblivion to see if I could finish it.

^^I quickly got bored of Watch Dogs.  It was ok but it just didn't hold my interest.

I recently finished Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D Land.  I was thinking of getting back into Oblivion to see if I could finish it.
The key was to do none of the repetitive, lame side missions.  That's what killed it.  I had zero interest in doing anything open world.  Eavesdrop, drive to highlighted area, sit and watch, tackle bad guy.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Target had a price mistake on Forza Horizon 3 this past weekend and I managed to pick it up for $15.  I've been spending most of my free time on it.  It is hands down the best racing game I've played.  It's kind of a cross between Burnout Paradise and Gran Turismo.  The graphics are pretty amazing as well and even hold up on my 3 year old PC.  If only it would stop crashing every half hour it would be perfect.

Back